Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 832,154 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Once again, lefties in the so-called "mainstream media" have seized on the tragedy in Arizona to attack Sarah and Rush.

I never cease to be amazed at how terrified those clowns are of influential right-wingers like Palin and Limbaugh.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Once again, lefties in the so-called "mainstream media" have seized on the tragedy in Arizona to attack Sarah and Rush.

I never cease to be amazed at how terrified those clowns are of influential right-wingers like Palin and Limbaugh.

Here's a good article on the Pima County Sheriff, apparently, he has a short memory.
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/ar…blamed-mentally-ill-and-i

And why are we not being warned by our President not to rush to judgement about the alleged shooter and his motivation? I guess that only Muslims get that right as in the Ft. Hood shooter.

Jim

• Nancy always reminded me of Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz staring blankly off into space all the while clicking the heels of her ruby red slippers while quoting, "there's no place like home. there's no place like home". When God handed out brains in Heaven, I think Pelosi was cheated.

• George Will is not one of my favorite political pundits but in this column he pretty well nails it.

I particularly agree with the clause extracted below:

"The hubris that is the occupational hazard and defining trait of the political class continues to cause government to overpromise and underperform. This class blithely considers itself exempt from the tyranny of the bell-shaped curve - the fact that in most occupations a few people are excellent, a few are awful, and most are average."

That's one of the primary causes contributing to the rise of the so-called Tea Party - that while most of our governing class is average at best, almost all of them are of the opinion that they're the best thing that ever happened to this country.

Edited once, last by Stumpy ().

• Depend on the economy and who the opposition puts up in 2012.

Slick Willie got lucky with Ross Perot splitting the Republican vote and an unimpressive Bob Dole as an opponent.

Anyway, despite Congress, the current Democrat in the Oval Office still has 655 days to right the SS Job Approval. Bill Clinton (45.9%) and Ronald Reagan (43.3%) pulled it off for second terms,

• You know what, Mike - the intelligence services of all the countries who were our allies before Obama came along (and hopefully, will still be our allies after he's gone) would be well advised to stop sharing secrets with our intelligence services.

• You know what, Mike - the intelligence services of all the countries who were our allies before Obama came along (and hopefully, will still be our allies after he's gone) would be well advised to stop sharing secrets with our intelligence services.

Jim I think the only one sharing secrets with this White House is Wikileaks.

• Let's hope 2012 is a conservative tsunami. But it will only be so if the Pubbies follow through on their pledges to tax less, spend [much] less, drastically reduce the size of government and eliminate most of government's regulatory power.

Please Dear God, let us find another Reagan (and Thatcher) in our midst so my grandkids can enjoy the same kind of country I grew up in.