Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,423 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I know the folks in Minnesota are considerably more liberal than those of us in the southern tier of states but I sure hope they're not that liberal.

Unfortunately you are correct. This state is notoriuosly screwed up on the liberal bias. Although our governor is a republican.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Although our governor is a republican.

Just because he's a Republican, in this day and age, doesn't always guarantee anything. Have you ever heard of the term RINO - Republican In Name Only? Some of the most influential Republicans in our government are working hand over fist trying to merge us into the New World Order, doing away with our gun rights, constitutional rights and in the long run, our sovereignty as a nation.

Chester :newyear:

• Just because he's a Republican, in this day and age, doesn't always guarantee anything. Have you ever heard of the term RINO - Republican In Name Only? Some of the most influential Republicans in our government are working hand over fist trying to merge us into the New World Order, doing away with our gun rights, constitutional rights and in the long run, our sovereignty as a nation.

Yeah, your own governor is a perfect example of the RINO species.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• "This is a situation that's hard to grasp - a state that has two Republican senators (both of them pretty conservative) and five of their six congressmen are fairly conservative Republicans. Sounds like Oklahomans suffer from political schizophrenia. In other words, they don't really know which political system they want."

Yes Jim, the state has been under Democrat control since its founding. The Pubs are starting to gain ground but so many of them are neo-liberals that as you said earlier, they are 2 heads of the same snake.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• the state has been under Democrat control since its founding. The Pubs are starting to gain ground but so many of them are neo-liberals that as you said earlier, they are 2 heads of the same snake.

I know that what you say is true - all that is another reason I moved to Texas, where they cast off the chains of longtime control by the Democrats. Today Republicans, though not nearly as conservative as I'd like, control much of government in the Lone Star state.

• An interesting perspective on immigration.

• Don't get me started on illegal immigration, Jim. That's my biggest pet peeve of all. I know this'll never happen but I wish they'd station troops along the border with shoot-to-kill orders.

I've had it with the invasion of our country by all those living south of the border. And that clown now occupying the White House just encourages it.

• Enjoy....

[INDENT] Last Tuesday, as President Bush got off the helicopter in front of the White House, he was carrying a baby piglet under each arm.

The squared away Marine guard snaps to attention, salutes, and says: "Nice pigs, sir."

The President replies "These are not pigs these are authentic Arkansas Razorback Hogs. I got one for Senator Hillary Clinton and I got one for Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi."

The squared away Marine again snaps to attention, salutes, and says,

"Excellent trade, sir."

[/INDENT]

• by the way Stumpy Jim,
    I guess there's no need to ask, who was your favourite UK PM?

He succeeded Neville Chamberlain, naturally.

IMO, one of the towering figures of history, who deserves to be honored by all who value freedom.

• Out of complete curiosity, how many democrats are there on this board? I can't believe everyone is a Republican and I can remember people stating in older posts on this board that they were Democrats.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Of all 44, I think Thomas Jefferson. Of those who've been president during my lifetime (1938 to present), it would be Ronald Reagan, no contest.

• I can't believe everyone is a Republican

We have a saying in the states, Rob...."I didn't leave the party; the party left me". That's how I feel about the Republicans. I no longer consider myself a Republican. I'm a conservative and IMO, the Republicans no longer represent conservative values.