Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,375 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Believe that when I see it Jim.

Yes, Keith they will proberably turn up 50 years later.

If men and women of our armed forces are prepared to lay down their lives they should be treated with respect with decent salaries pensions and housinig but Labour would rather spend the money or crap are some left wing commie project.

This is the side Americans dont see of Blair The Hollow Man

Mike

• If men and women of our armed forces are prepared to lay down their lives they should be treated with respect with decent salaries pensions and housinig but Labour would rather spend the money or crap are some left wing commie project.

Mike, Mike, Mike.....surely you're familiar with this.

It's as true today as it was when he wrote it.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Prince Philip was in Iraq quite recently visiting British troops. I don't think most reasonale people would expect the queen to visit Iraq due not only to her age but to he status.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• It does not work on the library computers. Can you please tell me a bit of what that clip is about? Arg, I hate not being able to afford a computer of my own.

The clip is an ABC News report on their Person of the Week, about a man (Bert Brady) who has made it a point to go to the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport to greet returning soldiers. He is 69 years old, and has encouraged others to do the same thing, make soldiers feel appreciated and proud of their service to their country. There are many Korean war and Vietnam war veterans who welcome these soldiers home, as well as others from the community.

A very emotional clip. I am so sorry you are unable to view it.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• "We have a saying in the states, Rob...."I didn't leave the party; the party left me". That's how I feel about the Republicans. I no longer consider myself a Republican. I'm a conservative and IMO, the Republicans no longer represent conservative values."

That's my attitude too Jim. The 2 parties in this country are now just 2 sides of the same coin.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Sorry Stumpy, this thread is about all the energy I have left for politics anymore..:ohwell:

Chester :newyear:

Ah but Jim, politics is without a doubt the most fascinating yet infuriating topic in the world. Differences of political opinion are what make the world go 'round, I think. :mobile:

• The clip is an ABC News report on their Person of the Week, about a man (Bert Brady) who has made it a point to go to the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport to greet returning soldiers. He is 69 years old, and has encouraged others to do the same thing, make soldiers feel appreciated and proud of their service to their country. There are many Korean war and Vietnam war veterans who welcome these soldiers home, as well as others from the community.

A very emotional clip. I am so sorry you are unable to view it.

Mrs. C :angel1:

Thank you Mrs C. I greatly appreciate this. :D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "We have a saying in the states, Rob...."I didn't leave the party; the party left me". That's how I feel about the Republicans. I no longer consider myself a Republican. I'm a conservative and IMO, the Republicans no longer represent conservative values."

That's my attitude too Jim. The 2 parties in this country are now just 2 sides of the same coin.

I feel EXACTLY the same way as you do. No truer words could have been said.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Sorry Stumpy, this thread is about all the energy I have left for politics anymore..:ohwell:

Chester :newyear:

Be glad you didn't follow advice and go to that link I posted, Jim. Talk about a hotbed of far-leftism. I think about 99% of 'em are related to Pelosi and Murtha. When I saw how outnumbered I was, I decided to hang it up.

• Be glad you didn't follow advice and go to that link I posted, Jim. Talk about a hotbed of far-leftism. I think about 99% of 'em are related to Pelosi and Murtha. When I saw how outnumbered I was, I decided to hang it up.

Unfortunately Stumpy you are right. All we can do is hope and pray that Billary or Obama don't get in. That would be a sad day in American politics if one os those 2 people got into the presidency.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Unfortunately Stumpy you are right. All we can do is hope and pray that Billary or Obama don't get in. That would be a sad day in American politics if one os those 2 people got into the presidency.

Kinda scary to discover that people that consumed with hatred for Bush and this country exist. I am far less enamored of Georgie now than I was 5 or 6 years ago but I cannot believe the depth of hatred for him that was shown on that board. God help us if, like you say, people like that assume the powers of governance.