Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,371 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• WHOA!!! Who's going to order pizza anymore at those prices. (Not to mention all your personal information available to the pizza delivery guy - you got to figure the clerk is going to gossip to one and all whatever information he finds).
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Stumpy started this Politcs Thing Some Time Back, but every time You say somthing about "Obama" You are talking about Racial Things ?
    :ohmy:
    I can not understand Why Obama is Called Black ? He is Not Black He is 1/2 So Called Negro, and 1/2 what is Called Caucasian !
    :ohmy:
    In the Old Days we called this a Half-Breed. He was also Raised in His early days as a Muslim, and No One Wants to Talk about that also ! And Do Not Bring up Barack's Church, or What His Wife Said !
    :glare:
    No one knows Much about This Man, and it is time that Some One Looks into "Barack Hussein Muhammed Obama Jr." Back Ground !!!
    :shades_smile:
    http://www.ranch26bar.com/OBAMA.html

• Keep the fire going Bill. I think the closer it gets to this election the more people will see the real person that Obama is.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• He slightly more carmel coloured. I see the latest issue of The New Yorker has caused some controversy.

Anyway the election is there to be won not by the merits of the candidates but by who makes the first mistake.

Mc Cain could lose it due to Bush factor, falling asleep, falling over or drooling at the wrong time (Remember Bush Senior at the Japanese reception)

Obama could lose it on color, lack of substance, hanky panky in wrong places or found to use illegal substances

In regard to economics I cant see either doing much to lift economy out of the major tailspin recession/depression that we are heading for in 2009.

Ironically, a major deciding factor is likely to be when Israel attacks Iran's nuclear facilities. If they attack in August/Setember it could hand the election to Mc Cain as
    the whirlwind afterwards will focus minds on who would you rather have as a commander in chief.

• I have heard that Obama is heading to Iraq on some sort of fact raising tour or whatever, and all the anchors are going to be there to cover this man. It is suppose to take place in early August (to take away the president's visit to the Olympics). You would think that he was already president according to the news media. I can just say that I thank God that these idiots don't make the decisions on who is the president. We might have seen some really bad ones.

They have been telling us that democrats are going to be the presidents since I was born. Can you imagine having Jimmy Carter for four more years, and then Walter Mondale for eight? Then we would have Bill Clinton to follow which I think would have made things worse with Al Gore leading up these two terms. That would be the darkest days of 32 years in my life, and that is if I would have lived that long.

Let's see, I think After Johnson in 1968, we would have Hubert Humphrey. What a sad lot!

I guess with the media's wisdom, we can add Barrack Obama to this great list. I know that I missed John Kerry, but he would never run against Gore. And that would also include Mike Dukakis against Mondale.

Just to see the numbers (dates), here it is:
    John Kennedy 1960-1963
    Lyndon Johnson 1963-1968
    Hubert Humphrey 1968-1976
    Jimmy Carter 1976-1984
    Walter Mondale 1984-1992
    Bill Clinton 1992-2000
    Al Gore 2000-2008
    Barrack Obama 2008-2016
    Chelsea Clinton 2016-2024?
    Does that scar the hell out of you? It does me!

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Edited 2 times, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• Hi Hondo

You gave Bill Clinton two more years than he could serve!!

If you want a real nightmare tonight. Think of Hilary as the loyal VP to Obama then eight years of her own then of course Chelsea and which time Willy Clinton Jr the child produced in the laboratory by Dr Frankenstein and Hillary will be due to run.

That should see you out to pension age :vomit:

Barrack Obama 2008-2016
    Hilary Clinton 2016-2024
    Chelsea Clinton 2024-2032

• I made my corrections, but what's worse, having Mondale for two more years or Bill.

Hillary would be too old by 2016. I think she would be older than McCain running now when she runs in 2016.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I agree with this analysis. In fact, the cartoon tells you all you need to know - McCain is carrying George Bush and the economy on his back and that load, plus his own unpopularity with conservatives, is gonna be too much of a load to overcome in November.

What we have is another Robert Dole on our hands.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Japanese High Interest in U.S.Presidential Race
    Japan of the concern degree to an American presidential election is higher than that of this United States.
    The result of such an international public opinion poll is published in the site of The Pew Research Center. http://people-press.org/
    It's funny?
    Accordint to the research report,
    There is considerable interest in the presidential campaign in the surveyed contries.A large majority of Japanese say they are following the election very closely(24%)or somewhat closely(59%).As a point of comparison,a third of Americans are following the election very closely,with another 47% saying they are tracking the campaign somewhat closely.
    At least half or more of respondents in such countries as Germany,Australia,Great Britain and Jordan are closely following the election.There is less interest in the election in many other countries,including France,where 40% are focusing on the campaign,Mexico(33%)and Spain (25%).
    People around the world who have been paying attention to the American election
    express more confidence in Barack Obama than in John McCain to do the right thing regarding world affairs.
    McCain is rated lower than Obama in every country surveyed,exept or the United States where his rating matches Obama's,as well as in Jordan and Pakistan where few people have confidence in either candidate.
    regards,
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

Edited 3 times, last by H.sanada ().

• I suppose Americans should be flattered that folks around the world take so much interest in our political situation but I for one am not flattered.

As a long-time isolationist, I sincerely wish this country would stop trying to influence politics and economics in other countries and take George Washington's advice to avoid entangling alliances to heart. Americans have enough problems in this country to worry about without worrying about what happens elsewhere in the world.

• To further expound on my previous post, let me just say that I wish with all my heart that the U.S. would adopt Switzerland's policy of strict neutrality and stop meddling in the affairs of other countries, especially those in the Middle East.

I think the military power of this country should be used ONLY to defend our national interests. I personally don't care if Arabs and Jews are killing each other - that's THEIR problem, not ours. I'm totally convinced that the U.S. would have far fewer problems in the Middle East if we weren't so slavishly devoted to Israeli interests and protection of that country. And please, spare me the lectures about Israel being the only democracy in the Middle East and our ally. What we've had for about 40 years is a case of the Israeli tail wagging the American dog.

• Hi Stumpy
    Is it selfish that hope the U.S. is at least a patron saint who maintains peace in Asia ,especially toward North Korea.

and when thinking now, Reagan was the great president .

regards,
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• and when thinking now, Reagan was the great president .

regards,
    H.sanada

Amen Brother, and on that note,

[INDENT]Three New Navy Ships

USS REAGAN

Seeing it next to the Arizona Memorial really puts its size into perspective... ENORMOUS!
    ATT64714584.jpg

When the Bridge pipes 'Man the Rail' there is a lot of rail to man on this monster: shoulder to shoulder, around 4.5 acres. Her displacement is about 100,000 tons with full complement.

Capability

Top speed exceeds 30 knots, powered by two nuclear reactors that can operate for more than 20 years without refueling

1. Expected to operate in the fleet for about 50 years

2. Carries over 80 combat aircraft

3. Three arresting cables can stop a 28-ton aircraft going 150 miles per hour in less than 400 feet

Size

1. Towers 20 stories above the waterline

2. 1092 feet long; nearly as long as the Empire State Building is tall

3. Flight deck covers 4.5 acres

4. 4 bronze propellers, each 21 feet across, weighing 66,200 pounds

5. 2 rudders, each 29 by 22 feet and weighing 50 tons

6. 4 high speed aircraft elevators, each over 4,000 square feet

Capacity

1. Home to about 6,000 Navy personnel

2. Carries enough food and supplies to operate for 90 days

3. 18,150 meals served daily
    &n bsp;
    4. Distillation plants provide 400,000 gallons of fresh water from sea water daily, enough for 2,000 homes

5. Nearly 30,000 light fixtures and 1,325 miles of cable and wiring 1,400 telephones

6. 14,000 pillowcases and 28,000 sheets

7. Costs the Navy approximately $250,000 per day for pier side operation

8. Costs the Navy approximately $25 million per day for underway operations (Sailor's salaries included).

USS BILL CLINTON

The USS William Jefferson Clinton (CVS1) set sail today from its home port of Vancouver, BC.
    ATT64714585.jpg

The ship is the first of its kind in the Navy and is a standing legacy to President Bill Clinton 'for his foresight in military budget cuts' and his conduct while holding the (formerly dignified) office of President.

The ship is constructed nearly entirely from recycled aluminum and is completely solar powered with a top speed of 5 knots.
    It boasts an arsenal comprised of one (unarmed) F14 Tomcat or one (unarmed) F18 Hornet aircraft which, although they cannot be launched on the 100 foot flight deck, form a very menacing presence.

As a standing order there are no firearms allowed on board.

This crew, like the crew aboard the USS Jimmy Carter, is specially trained to avoid conflicts and appease any and all enemies of the United States at all costs.

An onboard Type One DNC Universal Translator can send out messages of apology in any language to anyone who may find America offensive. The number of apologies are limitless and though some may seem hollow and disingenuous, the Navy advises all apologies will sound very sincere.

In times of conflict, the USS Clinton has orders to seek refuge in Canada .

USS BARACK OBAMA
    ATT64714586.jpg

[/INDENT]

• With all respect, Sanada, I can remember a time in the not-too-distant past when your own island of Japan totally dominated Asia with its' military might. In other words, Japan has the means to maintain peace in Asia but lacks the will. It's a situation very like that of the United States - this country has the military means to completely destroy any real or potential enemy - what's lacking is the POLITICAL will.

Since 1945, the U.S. has more or less provided defense for the entire free world, allowing other countries who call themselves our allies to freeload on the back of American taxpayers. IMO, that is total BS.