Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,583 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• In my opinion Short Grub they all have shifted to the left. Conservatism doesnt have a party anymore.

• I'll vote for that Stumpy!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• There we go, the Wayne Conservative Party... WCP ... man had a flash of robocop... but that was OCP ... anyway...

Want smaller Government...
    Want More Freedoms...
    Want to not Police the World...
    Want to get rid of Professional Politicians...
    Want to not be part of a Global Economy...
    Then the WCP is for you...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Just saw on the Fox News that Crooks Got Off with Almost $10,000,000 in Just 30 Min. from A.T.M. Machines by Hacking into the Computer Network with Fake Debit Cards and Pin Numbers !
    :ohmy:
    Now I know that I am Going To Stuff My Mattress with What M-o-n-n-e-y I have Left !!
    :glare:
    The Credit Cards are No Good and Now The Debit Cards have Gone To Hell In A Hand Basket !!!
    :vomit:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Sign me up!

Chester :newyear:

• Hey we have made our first step towards having a political party...

Now we just need about 77,388 more people in California to sign up...

here's some more info:
    http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections_t.htm

Hate to say it, Eric, but I think California is a lost cause for conservatives. Too many places like Berkeley and San Francisco. Also, the Governator has turned out to be a worse executive than the Dummicrat he replaced.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Actually he has turned out to be a very effective middle of the road Governor. It's the people of California that have their heads up their backsides. Shortly after taking office he managed to bring forth legislation that would have helped California not be in the pickle it is now, things that people said they wanted, but when it came time to vote the idiots of this State defeated every one of them. It truly was a sad day for California.
    Now we have our elected officials in a dead lock on the State budget, it really is not hard to figure out how to get out of this mess, but no one wants to be the one that had to make the difficult choice.

• Actually he has turned out to be a very effective middle of the road Governor.

I'm afraid we part ways on this opinion, Eric. I think his governorship has been anything but middle-of-the-road. Look at the terrible state of California's financial situation. Under Schwarznegger, state spending has ballooned about like it did under Bush in Washington. With "Republicans" like Schwarznegger and Bush, who needs Democrats?

• Well he tried and the people of California said no, so the legislature ran with it. He only has so much power, in other words he's not the only one to blame.

Here are some of the props he brought forth that where defeated.

http://www.smartvoter.org/2005/11/08/ca/state/prop/73/

http://www.smartvoter.org/2005/11/08/ca/state/prop/75/

http://www.smartvoter.org/2005/11/08/ca/state/prop/76/

http://www.smartvoter.org/2005/11/08/ca/state/prop/77/

The people screamed that they wanted change and when he brought change they screamed...

• I agree Stumpy. The nation has forgotten what it is to stand on your own legs and do for yourself.

We've become a nation of entitlement whiners and the government is only too happy to provide in return for submission.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• I agree Stumpy. The nation has forgotten what it is to stand on your own legs and do for yourself.

We've become a nation of entitlement whiners and the government is only too happy to provide in return for submission.

You've hit the nail on the head. For at least 30 or 40 years Americans have lived way beyond their means and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

What's really surprising though is the extent to which the world's economies are intertwined. When our's tanked, so did everyone else's.

• Recently, several Republican governors have announced that they might not take any of the "stimulus" funds allocated for the various states.

IMO, this would be pretty stupid. I don't like the Dem's stimulus bill any more than the GOPers but if they don't take the monies, the Dems will just have more to spend on their favorite states and causes.

The Republican governors should have sense enough to realize that the Dems are gonna spend the money whether or not anyone approves so they should step up and get all of it they can.