Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,575 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• P.S. On the other hand, Robbie, you weren't tweaking with your cousins across Atlantic, were you?

Didn't think I would need to post this but it seem that I do.

Anyone that thinks I am a Clinton fan clearly hasn't read my posts since I have been a member of this site.

Sorry Chester, I love you guys and I couldn't resist, I thought you knew my sense of humour by now.

Priceless, Robbie, priceless!

You got us GOOD!

So funny that you quoted exactly from that promo!! Very funny!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Didn't think I would need to post this but it seem that I do.

Anyone that thinks I am a Clinton fan clearly hasn't read my posts since I have been a member of this site.

:agent:

Forgive me, Rob.

I should have realized that any true fan of the Duke, such as I know you are, would almost surely be a strong conservative and could never admire a left-wing loser like Clinton.

I'm sure you have in the past expressed distaste for the Bill Clintons of this world but the old memory is going fast and I had forgotten it.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I've been following political polls for about 50 years.

Something that's always irritated the hell out of me is the so-called "gender gap" whereas a majority of women always support the Dummicrat Party.

I understand why (females like all those "freebies" (only they're NOT free, ladies) governments hand out and apparently as a group, feel much less self-sufficient than males) but that understanding doesn't make the knowledge any easier to bear.

You'd think the feminist movement would have instilled a stronger sense of self-sufficiency in women, so that they didn't feel so damned dependent on government help.

• I've come to the conclusion that this latest government boondoggle is intended to benefit lower class people whose income doesn't cover the cost of health insurance. That means it's targeted mostly toward minorities (blacks and Hispanics) since it's well-known their income levels are generally less than those of whites and Asians.

What it all boils down to is whites and Asians will end up paying higher taxes in order to provide health care to blacks and Hispanics. In other words, reparations through the back door.

Sound logical?

Bambi and his flunkies keep tossing out a figure of 46 million Americans who are uninsured but I've read numerous articles online that say the true figure is much less than that.

• It's all about control Stumpy. Washington wants it and people are too lazy to see what is truly going on since there hands are out looking for something(in this case healthcare) that is "free". What most people don't understand is that nothing is free, just like the cash for clunkers stupidity, our genersations to come will be paying for this for a very long time.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Something that's always irritated the hell out of me is the so-called "gender gap" whereas a majority of women always support the Dummicrat Party.

I am not sure of the exact figure, but I think it is 80-85% blacks are democrats when in reality they should be republicans since Uncle Abe was a Republican. If the 1860's Democrats had their way the blacks would be living in Texas or some other state segregated. Look at Liberia for example set up by the Democrats in the early 19th century.

• Crowley is your archtypical liberal and this column of his appears in one of the most liberal newspapers in the world, the UK's "Guardian". In the article, he manages to push all the left-wing buttons.

• Hi Jim

What has prompted this sudden decline in Obama's ratings? I haven't been keeping abreast of American politics since the election.

:agent:

Well, Rob, this is naturally just my personal opinion but I think a large part of the reason is that it has suddenly dawned on many Americans who voted for him that he is very far to the left on the political spectrum. They're suffering what is being called "buyer's remorse".

Much of Obama's impetus last fall was caused by the unpopularity of Bush. So many Americans were so sick of Bush that they were ready to vote for any alternative.

Generally speaking, Americans are distrustful of big, intrusive government and Obama, since his election, has taken several steps that Americans feel are far outside his authority as president. A lot of the loss can also be attributed to the very poor opinion that most Americans have of Congress. Some of that alienation toward Congress rubs off on Obama, since he's of the same party.