Hubble's Top Ten space photographs and other aviation stories

There are 104 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 34,888 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thanks Chester,
    Amazing photos! How can anyone not believe in God! I am told that the universe is, if I remember correctly, 15 Billion light years to the edge. How they know that I don't know and what is beyond that is mind boggling. I remember reading that God holds the universe in the palm of his hand. Just how little are we! Or how big is God?
    Bryan

• I'm glad they didn't scrap the Hubble. They were ready to let it go last year until they got funding. I hope they keep it running for a very long time. The images are amazing.

• Hi Jim

Superb montage of photgraphs and the music was very fitting.

It has often been stated that its possible to see the great wall of China from space, but I watched a TV programme that claimed this was an unrban myth, can anyone shed any light on this issue?

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Here's another amazing example of photography from space - you will need Microsoft Power Point to view, but if you have it, I think you'll enjoy it.

Our Planet Earth

Chester :newyear:

Because our latest addition to this thread ended up on the bottom of page one, we just wanted to bump the link here to page two - enjoy!

Robbie and Keith, glad you enjoyed it, and thanks, Keith, for that bit of info about the Great Wall.

• Jim, I notice from the film,
    that it mentions the Harrier jump jet
    (which of course, was one of ours)
    and that it's taken that technology
    state-of-the-art, which as you
    say, uses computers
    The fella stated, there were two or
    three computers, right behind the cockpit.
    I bet they're a little bit more sophisticated,
    than when the Harrier was built!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Howdy,
    Below is (hopefully) a Link to 6 and a half minute video taken at an air show in Japan. If you appreciate stunt flying, you will marvel at the acrobatics flown by a couple of outstanding pilots. You'll gain an appreciation of all the physical demands placed on the pilots thanks to video taken both within and outside of the cockpit. When the video opens, double click on it so
    that you can watch the show on full screen.

http://guyrevel. free.fr/WGP/ Haute-Voltige_ au_Japon. wmv

Enjoy and I do hope you don't get airsick. Ha!
    I'm not sure airplanes are supposed to fly like this. What do you think, Chilibill??