Any baseball fans out there?

There are 131 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 25,212 times. The latest Post () was by Paula.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• My Mom likes the Yankees, does that count? I'm more of a football gal myself.

No fans of the "evil empire" are allowed!!!!!

Just kidding!!!!:hyper:

Its easy to be a Yankee fan though. They spend twice as much as any other team. They better be good every year.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I'll have to admit, SXviper, that my Orioles losing three against the Twins to open the year hurt like sin. But the best medicine for such pain was taking 2 out of 3 against those dreaded Yankees:glare: . We would have taken all three, but our bullpen had a momentary collapse and A-Rod became a hero. Oh well....bring on the Tigers!

Mark

P.S: I heard a good line about the Twins that summed up that series perfect! mind you, I may not quote it per word, but the meaning remains..."The Twins are like Pahranas (sp?). They keep nipping at you and the next thing you know, you're bleeding to death."

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Braves will be alright, but realistically speaking they are kind of in the same quandry as the Twinkies, starting pitching is abig question mark. Unlike there glory years when they had Glavine, Smoltz and Maddux. Things have changed and I think you might be looking up at the Phillies!!

Not sure if the Braves will have any problems with the Phillies this year. If the first series is any indication. :teeth_smile:

• Been here many times before. Its not my cup of tea, big cities that is. I enjoy being able to hit the open road within 5 minutes from leaving my house.

-John Wayne

• Hi Viper, I'm a small town man myself. The ATL is a nice place to visit, but I just couldn't stand that big city traffic. Went to Atlanta a few weeks ago and on the way home on I-20, I was standing still. How do you come to a complete stop on an interstate?

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Happens all the time in the morning's and evening's here as far as I can tell. One weekend I took the 285 loop over to Stone Mountain and there was traffic like a weekday in Minneapolis/St. Paul. This place is by for the worse traffic that I have seen next to L.A.

It is fun to visit here though. Has some nice Civil War "stuff" to see if you are interested in that stuff as well as the normal tourist stuff.

-John Wayne

• Funny you should say Civil War. The very reason I was in Atlanta was a field trip with my son to the Cyclorama. If you happen to get a chance to see it, I think it's worth the trip if you happen to be in the ATL. Also, go ride the Goliath at six flags, an awesome roller coaster. But anyway, getting back to the subject at hand, it's good to be a Braves fan right now. 7-1 ain't a bad way to start the season.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I moved away from Dallas (TX) about 20 years ago primarily because of the traffic. There's not a doubt in my military mind that it's much worse now.

My youngest son lives in a Dallas suburb and every time we go to visit him (which ain't often), my wife says she can tell when we're getting close because my knuckles get white from clutching the steering wheel so tight. Now, I live in a little town of 3000 population with hardly any traffic or crime. I love it.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hey Stumpy, the town I live in has about half that. I like being able to go when I want to go and not having to sit in traffic. I took (I think) I-75 from Atlanta to Chattanooga a couple of years ago and by the time I got there, I felt like I had just toted an ass whuppin'. Bumper to bumper and aaauuuggghhhh!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.