Any baseball fans out there?

There are 131 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 25,206 times. The latest Post () was by Paula.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• His rendition of "Take me out the the Ballgame" during the 7th innning stretch at home games was truly priceless!!

I remember that too. I saw many Cubs games on WGN - Chicago, while waiting for the game to end so I could see whatever movie was to be shown afterwards. I never was much of the type to watch games on TV but, He and the Gary Cooper sound-a-like on WTBS-Atlanta, both were great to listen to. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

I don't remember the exact year this particular game was played but, I remember staying up late with my Dad, to watch a Braves game-which had gone into an amazing amount of overtime. Neither one of us cared much for the game itself, but to see a game go into so many extra innings; we had to see this one. I think this game was played somewhere in and or bewtween the years of: 1986 to 1988. I know it was played before my Dad passed away, just can't remember how long before?

Anyway, ""Gary Cooper"' was one of the announcers at that game. And that was one heck of a great ballgame.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I understand that Carl wanted to ask about Harry Carey, so started a separate thread, but now that the answer has been given, I thought it appropriate to merge the two baseball-related threads. I hope you guys don't mind.

Chester :newyear:

I don't mind, you guys are only doing your jobs as Moderators. :wink_smile: :thumbs_up:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Don't feel bad Bill, I actually thought we were gonna do something this year. :cry2: Hey, at least it's football season so maybe I can get my mind off baseball.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Thank heaven the football season is coming. The Orioles are in such a nose-dive, it isn't funny. They've lost something like 14 out of the last 16 games. They gave up those 30 runs to Texas.They've given up 15 and 17 runs to the Devil Rays. When they go to the Bullpen for a relief pitcher, fans come out of the stands with bats, knowing they can hit off them. Reminds me of a joke:

A policeman saw a little boy walking on the side of the road by himself, and pulled over. He asked the boy if he was lost? The boy replied that he wasn't lost, he was running away from home. When inquired as to the reason, he said that his mommy beat him every time he was bad. The Officer asked him where he was running away to? The boy replied, "To Oriole Park at Camden Yards. I'm gonna live with the Orioles. They don't beat anyone." :hyper:

Oh, the pain! :confused_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Way to go Cubbies.

Not a fan but glad to see them in the playoffs. :cry2: My Dodgers had a nose dive in the last month. Hope they make 500!

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• they have introduced the little league baseball downunder and they have been accepted into the world competition, you never know one day you might see an aussie team playing in the little league finals.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• they have introduced the little league baseball downunder and they have been accepted into the world competition, you never know one day you might see an aussie team playing in the little league finals.

cheers smokey

Sharon,

We look forward to that and can truely say that this is a World Series!

Cheers :cool: MIke

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I think its fun to see different teams in the race. Unlike the American League where its mostly the same teams, Yankees and Red Sox.

I wish baseball would get on the same page as the other sports and incorporate a salary cap so that all teams can have a chance to be competetive instead of just the big spenders.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne