Any hockey fans out there?

There are 27 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,856 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Is it true? That no one in America cares about hockey? Now that Anaheim and Ottawa are in the finals it seems like this thread has died! But as a proud Canadian and hockey fan, I will keep it going, right through to the end of this years season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[SIZE=3]That'll Be The Day[/SIZE]

• Is it true? That no one in America cares about hockey? Now that Anaheim and Ottawa are in the finals it seems like this thread has died! But as a proud Canadian and hockey fan, I will keep it going, right through to the end of this years season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dc65,

Being from the south, hockey is not a major sport for our area of the country. This is more of a northern sport, and yes hockey has come down here, but I think it is better received elsewhere. Don't get me wrong there are some down here who like it a lot, but we are more of a football (American), and baseball sports family. We don't really get broadcasts of this down here.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I know that hockey isn't nearly as big in the states, but I love it as much as I love the duke, and as a fellow duke fan, you know how hard it is to not talk about him! (seriously, my wife thinks I'm a nut!)

[SIZE=3]That'll Be The Day[/SIZE]

• Well, about 12 hours from now at 1pm EST, my Sabres will take on Pittsburgh in the first outdoor NHL game in US history. The game be be televised nationally on NBC, so you know what I'll be doing on New Year's Day. There has been a huge build up for this game locally, and it will definitely be interesting to see what the weather will be like and how it may affect the game.

Go Sabres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• I actually watched a few minutes of that game. I'm not the biggest hockey fan in the world, but it was kinda neat watching those guys play outdoors. And I thought it was neat that snow was falling as the game was going on. I also hafta say that hockey is every bit as physical if not moreso that football. A few more viewings and I may become a fan.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Hockey is awesome, especially when I grew up playing it.

And now that we got a pro team back in Minnesota after Norm Green stole the North Stars and brought them to Dallas, it is just as much fun. I do enjoy the college game as well with the Minnesota Gophers be solid year in and year out.

I just won tickets to see the MN wild play the Detroit Red wings through "Coke Rewards". Who says digging int the garbage is not profitable!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne