Random Observations

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 343,621 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Same here. Mainly its because when im asked my opinion on things, I do NOT tell them what they want me to say and always get ticked off because I spoke what was on my mind-like I was asked to. I tell them in reply that if they KNEW they wouldn't like my answers to their questions? then why the heck ask me to speak my piece and don't hold back anything if they already know they will not like what I have to say-which is the truth as I know it.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I stay away from all political websites, get my fill of politics from tv/radio/newspaper

The JWMB agrees, and that is the reason,
    we not only have a
    Politics thread,
    but also a
    Politics/ Current Events Social Group,
    where by Invite Only more sensitive issues can be discussed,
    away from public forum

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• And for that I am so very thankful, I come here to get away from politics and such things and thanks to the thoughtfulness of the JWMB I don't have to work hard to avoid it.

• I'm cognizant of the fact that few people are as interested in politics as I am but folks, when you give it some thought, you'll realize that politics (meaning politicians, policies, etc) have more influence on our lives than anything else and if you just ignore what happening in the political world, pretty soon we'll all be in deep doo-doo.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• What gets lost is the balance at times. Some get driven out when it gets to overloaded and some lose interest when it's not enough. Its like cooking, too much salt or pepper ruins a dish, just like politics does a conversation.

• I'm cognizant of the fact that few people are as interested in politics as I am but folks, when you give it some thought, you'll realize that politics (meaning politicians, policies, etc) have more influence on our lives than anything else and if you just ignore what happening in the political world, pretty soon we'll all be in deep doo-doo.

I am not ignorant about what happens in the political world, but I don't care to immerse myself in it either.

• I've been wondering if Leno's ratings have fallen so much because of Michael Moore's appearance on his show, because it was almost immediately after that appearance that I began reading these news stories about his falling ratings. If that's the reason, all I have to say is, it serves him right.

• [FONT=Times, Times New Roman] Wal-Mart

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target
    sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart
    combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private Employer, and most
    speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did
    this in only 15 years.

8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket Chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this
    is 1,000 more than it had 5 Years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur At a Wal-Mart
    store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for
    suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy because
    the idiots in Washington sure can't do it!
    [/FONT]

• I've never liked Walmart because they've put tens of thousands of small mom-and-pop retailers out of business, including a hardware store belonging to my sister and brother-in-law.

However, I've gotta admit that I do a lot of shopping at Walmart myself because (1) they're cheaper than most other stores (2) have a wide selection of merchandise and (3) other alternatives are often lacking.

While it's true that Walmart's merchandise is (1) cheap and (also shoddily made, meaning it usually comes from either China or Mexico) (2) plentiful, I truly believe that when they eventually become the only retailer, they can charge whatever they want.

What amazes me nowadays is that it's often very difficult to find anything that wasn't made in China, no matter where you shop. Disgusting....... For instance, I've bought both a Panasonic cordless drill and Panasonic digital camera, thinking they would have been made in Japan. Only after I received them did I discover that both had been made in China. If I had known that to begin with, I never would have bought them.

Edited 3 times, last by Stumpy ().

• This is how I feel exactly... Except that it's getting harder to find exactly what I am after so most of my shopping is online.