Random Observations

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 342,208 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• As usual, this looks like a case of overhype! Right now, the TV stations are in their "sweeps month" and news programs are coming up with all sorts of ways to garner viewership. The story did not get into any specifics (the South Texas item) about the location of the "epidemic;" etc.; as a result, I am not running around trying to proof my home against all sorts of germs, bacteria, viruses and such.
    My wife and I have enough health problems to keep us very busy!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• yep and that mouse will have really sharp teeth(a meat eater it will be) and strips on its hind quarters watch out mates it might just turn on you and whoops there goes your arm :teeth_smile:

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• On this special day dedicated to America's veterans, I want to thank those young men and women who have fought and died for this country. I also want to thank their parents for giving us these selfless individuals. God Bless America..........

De gustibus non est disputandum

• To anyone not really concerned!!

Try riding a City Bus, man those things are germ factories. Thanks to not having a car, im forced to use public transport to get around these days. Well, since I started riding the busses frequently back on about Feb 3rd, i've had a bad chest cold, two bad sore-throats and now a skin infection mainly on my left hand but has spread to me right hand. I THINK it's something related to "Athlete's Foot" and mine is very painful. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and it's taking forever to go away but, it is finally starting to ebb a bit.

Also, im not a hypocondriac (SP?) and im not an unhealthy person, but, the fact remaines, that the world out there, is a ger infested one. Another case in point, there have been 4 people who have gone fishing out in the gulf here in Corpus and in Rockport. All of them had spend from as little as 2 weeks in the Hospital to as long as 4 months-fighting a staph infection. ONe person died from the infection that was in his left arm? I think? and the TV news stations here all showed how the infection went completely opened his arm and you could see the bone.

Sorry to be so gross but, that's whats going on here in the NOT so: "Sparkling City by the Sea."

PS, i've already had one staph infection-in both my legs. This was back in May & June 2005 when I was in the hospital for 3 1/2 weeks. My staph infection was caused by a scrape I got on my left leg, that was no bigger than a thumb. It tried to heal, then couldn't. Now my legs look like they were burned in a fire or something.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Friday I attended the ceremony of my first grandchild to graduate from high school (Jacksonville, TX). And not only did he graduate but did so with high honors. Won a full scholarship to Baylor University. Naturally, the wife and I are extremely proud of him and intend to help pay a good portion of his living expenses while he's there.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• stumpy

am glad you granchild did so well and won the full scholarship, just a quick one where is Baylor Uni is it in texas ?

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"