Try to contain your Excitement!!!

There are 15 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,844 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Try to contain your Excitement!!! I think it is a plate that John Wayne or his horse used in Horse Soldiers. Im sure it is a one off!!!:yeaahh: collectable.

John Wayne "Horse Soldiers"Graniteware Bean Plate

Item number: 260110788711

We have a PROP from the 1959 Western movie "Horse Soldiers" starring John Wayne . " Graniteware Bean Plate " from the beginning of the movie (meeting with the general). Conditon:Good shows aging . Size: 10" Diameter. The winning bidder will receive a Certificate of Authenticity from Hollywood Prop S upply. We like to spoil our customers by including the above picture . This is a great add for the Western Collector. Shipping: We ship on Wednesdays by priority mail. All packages are insured. If you do not wish to sign for your package, please let us know. We will be happy to combine shipping any multiple buys,and we will show that by invoice.. We will ship Worldwide, please email us for shipping costs. Questions?? Please email them, with any want lists. Check out our Store: Hollywood Prop Supply. GOOD LUCK BIDDERS!!

• Mike, did you win this on ebay? Man oh man what a find! A great collectible!
    Best,
    Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• There are a lot of nice things showing up on eBay these days. People are putting up all sorts of things. I've gotten almost the entire set of Franklin Mint Figurines, Collection Trading Cards, Knife Set, Playing Cards and much more. Here's a couple samples:

Click to Enlarge

• Hi All

No, Bob didnt buy it but do you want an early Christmas present!!. As Ringo says it would be ideal for the cats or as a frizby in the park.

This is the company on ebay who brought the wooden spoon from Mc Lintock. Funny how they always give you a photo as well.

As Dakota says, there is some good collectable stuff on ebay for fans at the moment as well as this rubbish.

At least it gives us a laugh

Mike

• Hi Robbie

Does it really matter!!!

You are getting into the territory of the Elvis fans who dig up part of the grounds of Graceland. Even the sod they dig up would have a closer connection to Elvis than this plate would ever have to John Wayne.

I would have to look up The Horse Soldiers to see if John Wayne actually ate from this type of plate but I would reckon at best that it just a prop from the movie.

They never told us were the wooden spoon from McLintock came from.

This is part of the mad memorabila culture set off by posters and costumes from movies that anybody who has anything even remotely related to a movie thinks it is valuable and those who buy think they are on to a sure thing!!

Mike

• Hi Robbie

Does it really matter!!!

Mike

Frankly yes it does.

If it is a genuine prop from 'The Horse Soldiers' that John Wayne used then its quite a good a nice little find, it its a fake then its pointless. I do agree with the rest of your post however but something like this is much better than some of those silly models of John Wayne by Franklin mint that look nothing like him.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• I would says that the odds of someone retaining a prop from 50 years ago that John Wayne ate out of, touched or even was in the same room as are as likely as me picking the winning lotto numbers for the next six weeks and of Kylie Minogue standing naked outside my house in the next five minutes.

Even costumes that film stars wore in film are hard to pin down as upto 6 - 8 identical costumes might be made. Dorothy's ever growing ruby slippers being a prime example.

I would say the prop in question has originated if not from somebody's kitchen more likely a general clearance of props that may or may not be linked to The Horse Soldiers or any other movie.

For all we know the plate could have a distinguished CV from being in Birth of The Nation, Jesse James,Gone with the Wind, Stagecoach, Plan 9 from Outer Space and Star Wars !!

We all know you hate the Franklin Mint figures but such is life everyone has different tastes and opinions.

Must go now Kylie's at the door.

• We all know you hate the Franklin Mint figures but such is life everyone has different tastes and opinions.

I didn't realise that this was a widely held belief by people on this messageboard about myself. I STATED that I believed some of the models didn't look like John Wayne at all and if my memory serves me right YOU also agreed with me on this issue, does that mean you hate them as well. I also stated that some were quite good like the model from 'The sons of Katie Elder' with Duke outside the Saloon doors.

I felt my question on the authenticity of the plate was a reasonable one to ask I don't know everything about the Duke and the props from his movies and having a prop like this I felt would be a nice little piece of memorabilia to have.

I've noticed ever since my criticism of Reasr and his moderating there has been a general abruptness to posts that I have made some verging on the point of rudeness. I have always spoken out about things on this board that I felt were not right and I make absolutely no apology for it what’s so ever. I participated on this board because I liked it and there was generally a good atmosphere about it, but I’m not prepared to be ostracised just because I have been outspoken on my views regarding some BLANTANTLY obvious weaknesses on this board. I guess my posts have just made people feel uneasy about my presence on the board and therefore any comments I post are vulnerable to an attack, my posts have often been criticised, edited and deleted in the past due to their content yet Reasr because he’s a moderator can post whatever he likes. Most of the perfectly reasonable suggestions I have made in the past are either criticised or ignored and I am usually left looking like the bad guy. If people on this messageboard are unhappy with me and my posts and want me to leave that’s perfectly fine, I just hope you find Reasr and co's posts stimulating and informative as for me I guess I'll take solace in watching Dukes movies. Since I’m a few posts shy of the 2000 milestone and with criticisms coming in from all angles usually from more recent members with fewer posts all I have left to say is thanks to all for my time on the board I have enjoyed it. Kevin heres an end to your constant troublemaker you can delete my account as I am now an ‘INACTIVE MEMBER’.

[FONT=&quot]With a deeps regrets and great reluctance
    Signing off one last time.[/FONT]

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Robbie

I can only deal with first part of your last post in regard to Franklin Mint figures.

Yes, as stated we both agreed some Franklin Mint figures were better than others but you have passed comments in other posts generally that you dont like them and your last post in this thread would seem to confirm your opinion.

I am aware from a few recent posts that you have made that you have issues with the forum but that is as far as my knowledge or understanding of the problem is.

In regards to your resignation I would regret your leaving but I respect whatever decision you feel you must make.

Mike.

Mike

• Hate to say this, Rob, but ever since I joined this forum, you've bitched about things that most of us think are of very little consequence, such as inactive members/moderators. So what if we have a lot of lurkers - hell, they're not hurting anything or anybody.

You and I have had our clashes, mostly about the Duke's acting ability, but we eventually settled our differences and have gotten along pretty well since then. But I often think that you're just a malcontent, Rob, who isn't happy unless he's griping about this or that. Most of which are gripes about nothing important.

I must say though, that your proficiency at English has markedly increased during the past couple of years. You were pretty inarticulate when I first joined.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Robbie,

You seem to be a bit paranoid. Nothing that I've seen leads me to your conclusion. I guess any push back to you now on any subject is tied to your "outspoken" views of weaknesses on the board. Maybe you need sometime way to clear your thoughts, and when you come back maybe things here would be more of your liking.

I really don't want anyone here to feel ostracized, and feel that we have bent over backwards to make things as pleasant as can be. I even took your suggestions and felt that some changes to the mod team was needed and these changes have been made. Now this is not what your looking for but for now this is it.

Robbie you have been a member here for a long time and have contributed to the growth of discussions here, so I hope that you wouldn't just throw it all away over this. There will be disagreements in a group this large there is no way around it, but to say I'm out of here and walk away isn't the answer.

But do what you must it's your decision.

• I often think that you're just a malcontent, Rob, who isn't happy unless he's griping about this or that. Most of which are gripes about nothing important.

Pot, kettle, black. The above is from a person who initiated the thread "Pet Peeves". :biggrin:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• My god, here we go again. I am not trying to be critical of you Rob. In fact I stay out of this stuff for the most part. But, like Kevin said, you maybe alittle paranoid. I don't see people getting on your case about things that you post. In fact your posts tend to get people thinking even deeper about topics, they are insightful and thought provoking. But sometimes as in life you have to get a thicker skin and tighten up that belt and not take everything so seriously, like I think you tend to do at times. Just go with the flow and lighten up alittle, it will get much easier from there.

I like you Rob and I hope you don't leave for good. Like Kevin said, take some time off and regroup. I hope you come back sometime soon and I will be one of the first to welcome you back.

Good luck to you Rob.........Hope to cross your path again sometime.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne