Katherine Hepburn turns 100 on May 12.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,418 times. The latest Post () was by etsija.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• TCM is showing Katherine Hepburn movies this week in commemoration of her 100th birthday on Saturday, May 12, 2007. Yes, she is a little older than Duke. This might be a great thread to ask this question:

What is your favorite Katherine Hepburn movie?

She did only one movie with Duke and that was Rooster Cogburn . . . .and the Lady. So make your list of Kate Hepburn movies. I like her in Pat and Mike and The Philadelphia Story. But I think I like her best in The African Queen.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Yes I think the Queen was her best. I think she also did very well in Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• She was good in "On Golden Pond", "Desk Set", "Woman of the year", and my favorite movie "Bringing Up Baby".

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• She generally annoys me, it's the way she talks and she talks too much.
    I'm sure I've seen more, but can only remember four movies: The African Queen and
    On Golden Pond are very good, Rooster Cogburn is fun, and Bringing up Baby, I don't say it's not good, but they talk so fast my ears start ringing - you see, there's at least one common denominator why I'm so fond of westerns and silent movies

I don't believe in surrenders.