What are your plans for the 4th?

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,009 times. The latest Post () was by gt12pak.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Me, personally, I'm getting together with some friends, cooking a hog, perhaps some who-hit-john and maybe shooting some fireworks.

What are you gonna do?

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Not a thing... my wife works a 12 hour shift that day and I will be sleeping a 12 hour shift that day. It's always so hot and humid that time around here that I'm stuck inside anyway.

• I have to work. Be at work at 4:00 a.m. and leave at 6 p.m. that day. Too tired to want to do anything and too hot to care. You have a happy 4th.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I plan to be in two parades that day, in my M-37 Dodge military vehicle, dressed as John Wayne and tossing out little gummy hot dogs to the kids, advertising our hot dog cart.

I'm hoping the Mrs. will make some of her great potato salad, and I know she likes making an awesome flag jello of red, white and blue!!

Chester :newyear:

• The wife and I plan to drive down to east Texas and visit our oldest son and 3 grandsons (plus a live-in girlfriend). They live about 50 feet from the shore of a nice-sized lake. Our son recently bought a pontoon boat he says will accommodate about 15 people. He says they have a real nice fireworks show near the lake on the 4th and he plans for us to be on the boat watching it. (Plus we'll smoke a brisket or something.)

I just hate that 500 mile roundtrip drive. Didn't used to bother me but the older I get, the longer those trips get.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I'll probably spend a portion of the day catching up on watching some John Wayne movies I have set aside.

In between movies, i'll probably manage a quick trip to Pizza Hut and buy one of their Calzones--take it home and eat it as I sit back watching another John Wayne movie.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Think I will stay home and enjoy a good movie. Still have a few of Duke's that I recently bought that I haven't opened yet. And I don't care to deal with the crazy drivers around Houston on holiday's...Rather crank up the air, stay cool :shades_smile: , and watch my man....

Stumpy, please be careful traveling. The crazy weather in Texas this year has created so many problems for not only resident's, but, travelers as well....scary.

Hope you all have a safe and Happy 4th!

Cindy

• May just lay on the couch watching movies, my wife may have to work. It's end of fiscal at her job and all the financials have to be done by 7/5. So who knows, we'll just have to wing it.

"John Wayne is not just an actor and a very fine actor,John Wayne is the United States of America."

• Well, whatever your plans are for the 4th, hope you all stay safe, as for me, hog turned out great, the who-hit-john was awesome and the lies we all told were funny.

Stay thirsty my friends.