Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 142,988 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The Super Bowl is set. It is a Steelers/Cardinals matchup with the Steelers winning 23-14 to the Baltimore Ravens. That was some game as well, but the Ravens kept turning over the ball. Anyway, on February 1 is the big game.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Today's the big day....the NFC vs. the AFC. Who do you think is gonna win? I think Pittsburgh will win their 6th Superbowl. What do the rest think?

Stay thirsty my friends.

• gt12pak,

I will not bet you. You may be right. The odds are with you on this game, but I am pulling for the Cardinals, mainly because I don't like the Steelers (never have), and I like the under dog in this one. So I will say GO CARDINALS!!!!!

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hondo, I don't much care for the Steelers either, but that defense is one to be reckoned with. I have betted (not for money) against the Cardinals ever since they clinched a playoff berth. My Falcons had then against the ropes and let it get away. Arizona has proven me wrong for 3 weeks in a row and I hope they keep winning as I am for the NFC.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Like the rest of you folks, I figure the Steelers will take this one. I'm rooting on the Cardinals, though, because this is their first opportunity to be in the Superbowl and this may be Kurt Warner's swan song. Even if the Cardinals lose, they shouldn't feel down - they had a great season!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Game Time is less than 3 hours, and I just wish they get it started. This other junk is really stupid. I'm not even watching it. I've been outside doing some things. The weather is pretty nice. May not get a good day for a while.

- John Wayne quote

• I wanted it to be a keystone state Superbowl but that didn't work out, so I am cheering for the Cardinals. I am a fan of Warner. He is a good QB.
    In reality defense wins games and Pittsburgh has a good one, but so did Carolina. If the o-line protects Warner it will be the Cards, if not Pittsburgh.

• Well the final is in and the Steelers take it in an exciting final, 27-23. It was one of the best Super Bowls out there. Congratulations to all the Steelers fans. This one and the last one were great Super Bowls out there. Though I was pulling for the Cardinals, they just didn't quite make it, but they did give a good game. Cardinals had too many penalties, and turn overs. Not to take away what the Steelers did. The defense was the true key in this one.

- John Wayne quote

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• I thought it was a tremendous, exciting game.
    Congratulations to both teams for such a marvelous match.

Keith, that game must have been over on your side of the pond after 4 in the morning. Did you see the whole game?

- John Wayne quote

• I agree. I enjoyed the game very much. Very exciting!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Tell me something, Keith. How popular is American Football over where you are?

That has to be dedication to watch a whole game that time of night. And the boss was pretty good with the limited time he had. The stage show was really good. I like the boss pretty good, not a big fan, but you have to like his music.

A really good game!

- John Wayne quote

• I thought Faith Hill, was good also.
    The game is not that popular here,
    but there are a few die hard fans like myself.
    I am acually a fan of the '49ers'
    However there have been a couple NFL/NFC
    League games at Wembley Stadium,
    which has helped the popularity a little.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• A better game than I could have imagined. When Fitzgerald got that touchdown, I yelled (and woke up the kids who had school today). But I knew that Arizona had left too much time on the clock. But with Blitzburg's defense, I'm actually surprised that Warner nearly passed for 400 yards (I think it was actually 377). Ah well, here's to the Falcons next year.:hyper:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I agree, this was one of the best Superbowl games to be played. If the Cardinals had not so many penalties, they would have won!

BTW - Call me conservative - I prefer "The Star Spangled Banner" to be performed in it's standard form, not with so many personal embellishments thrown in to distort it to an unrecognizable morass.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• It didn't help the pitch though did it Ethan !!
    They cut it up pretty bad and it still wasn't right for the next England match at Wembley.

I think it's still a minority sport over here.
    I can't understand why it lasts so long :confused:

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• It didn't help the pitch though did it Ethan !!
    They cut it up pretty bad and it still wasn't right for the next England match at Wembley.

I think it's still a minority sport over here.
    I can't understand why it lasts so long :confused:

Dave I agree.

BTW - Call me conservative - I prefer "The Star Spangled Banner" to be performed in it's standard form, not with so many personal embellishments thrown in to distort it to an unrecognizable morass.

Jay, I also agree, I thought Faith Hill was great,
    but dare I say, I thought the other singer ' murderded' the anthem!!
    Why is it, that so called 'soul' singers,
    bend the songs into an unrecognizable mess!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England