Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 142,427 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

Time to hit the couch and enjoy a afternoon of pigskin action!! This will feel great after working all night :stunned: :cry2: :dead:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• A day in the life of a Falcon fan..

Vick just tested positive for marijuana....as if he wasn't in enough trouble.:glare:

Hall was just fined ONE HUNDRED GRAND!!! for his actions Sunday.....:vomit:

The Falcons are 0-3 on the year......:cry2:

Jay, anymore room on that Texans bandwagon????? Wait a minute....we play ya'll Sunday so I'll hafta wait one more week before I make that decision.

But on a positive note, I watched one of the best college games Saturday night I have ever seen as My Dawgs took care of business in overtime!!!!!!!!!! Moved up to 15th in the nation!!!!!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• gt12pak,

That was a special game and I'm so glad it turned out the way it did. It was a little quiet this week and a little peaceful in the ole state.

We are heading for the swamp for a showdown this Saturday, and we are a little down (even if we did win 55-20). So hope for the best but expect the worse. And the Titans took care of business in New Orleans, Monday. I thought the Saints were suppose to be great? And the local football team won last week 49-0. I think we are still #3 nationally. This was a much better week. Might be short lived.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The Saints fell flat on their collective faces. But the Cowboys are looking real good right now and the Texans aren't looking too shabby either! (Yeah, gt - jump on the bandwagon anytime - plenty of room).
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hey you Florida Fans out there; :wink_smile:
    can you say :thumbs_up: WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Congratulations to your Auburn tigers for defeating a top 5 team!!!! Did you see how many top 10 teams were upset today????? Maybe that'll open the door for the Bulldogs to move into the top ten. :teeth_smile:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• There were a lot of ranked college teams in the loss column yesterday. It remains to be seen how the rankings filter out on Monday.
    On the plus side, the Cowboys are now 4 - 0!!!:hyper:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Congratulations to your Auburn tigers for defeating a top 5 team!!!! Did you see how many top 10 teams were upset today????? Maybe that'll open the door for the Bulldogs to move into the top ten. :teeth_smile:

Well your Bulldogs are #11 in the USA Poll and #12 in the AP this week. Florida stayed in the top 10 and Kentucky broke into the top 10 this week at #8 in both polls. They deserve it. The Wildcats are still undefeated. The Tigers didn't get into the top 25, which they shouldn't. They did loose two games, and no team with 2 loses are in the top 25. I think Bama is out of the top 25; let me rephrase, they are out of the top 25!

By the way, LSU is number 1 in the AP poll, and USC in the USA Poll. They flip flop the other way.

- John Wayne quote

• Every so often all my teams win. The ATL actually looked pretty good Sunday. Who knows, another coupla wins and we'll see.

Getting back to the college teams, look out Rocky Top... the Bulldogs are coming!!!!!!!

BTW, Jay, gonna stay on the Falcons bandwagon for a few more games at least.:wink_smile:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• well the melbourne storm won the NRL and the geelong cats won in the AFL. went for the storm as i dont like the mainly seaeagles they are a silvertailed lot glad to see them go down. next year my team will play better and hopefully will get into the finals and win this time can only hope.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• The Titans were on bye last week, and the Tigers beat a #4 team and former national champ, and the ole high school made their game exciting for the first time this season winning 10-7. Let's see how it goes this week.

R U READY FOR FOOTBALL!

Cheers :Cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• Sorry for your lost gt12pak. Wish I could say the same (not really), but all my teams were victorious. They were conviencing wins, too!

I will say that my high school team plays tomorrow night and can been seen on the internet. It's kinda exciting to see this all over the world. And my college is on a road trip. The pro team is pretty hot right now. We'll see after this weekend.

- John Wayne quote

• Hi

At the moment the Rugby Union World Cup is being held in France. The English team who hold the Trophy and who prior to the start of the tournament were really awful, have made it through to the semi finals after beating Australia in the quarters. With the mighty New Zealand 'All Blacks' losing to to France on the same day it should be an exciting contest. We play France on Saturday.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Did anyone stay with the Cowboys - Bills game Monday night? That was some amazing comeback for the 'Boys, winning 25 to 24 in the last 2 seconds of the game. :hyper: What is almost as amazing is that they surmounted six turnovers and Romo got them back to a point where they could accomplish it.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Did anyone stay with the Cowboys - Bills game Monday night? That was some amazing comeback for the 'Boys, winning 25 to 24 in the last 2 seconds of the game. :hyper: What is almost as amazing is that they surmounted six turnovers and Romo got them back to a point where they could accomplish it.

Yeah, I tortured myself Monday Night. Even when the Bills were winning big, you just knew deep down that this team would find a way to lose, as they always do. You know, the announcers were saying during that game that the Cowboys were the Yankees of the NFL, and I just sat there thinking to myself, "if the Cowboys are the Yankees of the NFL, then the Bills are the Cubs of the NFL!!!" Probably the worst thing about it is that that idiotic, bumbling fool, Wade Phillips got the win in his "triumphant" return to Upstate New York. :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

You'd think four Super Bowls and two Stanley Cups would inoculate you against anything, but this team still rips your gut out, every time.

At least they can't lose next week. Of course next week is a also a bye week. . . . . .

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• I've been watching football since I was around 4 or 5. I remember watching Dallas Cowboys games on my grandfather's tv in 71 or 72 to start with....been watching since. I like the NFL. I love college football. The atmosphere is much better, the fans actually make noise and scream and cheer, and the players love the game. Most NFL players don't care if they win or lose, as long as they get paid. Oddly enough, anyone who watches an NFL game ends up just watching uniforms since the players move around so much. Having said all that, Monday night's Cowboys-Bills game had me on the edge of my seat during the final drive. I was worn out when it was over. It was one of the wildest in a long time.

The SEC is my favorite conference, with LSU and Alabama my favorite teams to watch.

• Tough loss for LSU tonight. 3 overtimes I believe. This really shakes things up in the SEC as well as the BCS. Let's see, South Florida playing for the championship????? What about Boston College or California???? Should be very interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

On another note, watched my Dawgs beat Vanderbilt JUST like they beat us last year!!!!!!:teeth_smile: Go Dawgs!!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Hi

Talking about real Rugby Football we watched England beat France last night in the World Cup :thumbs_up: to go through to next weeks final against either Argentina or South Africa.

ON ON YOU NOBLEST ENGLISH:teeth_smile:
    (With apologies to Will Shakespeare)

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• glad the english have made it through to the next stage hope that they come up against the springbocks rather than the argentina, that is a game worth watching.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"