Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 143,337 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I don't remember a game starting out clear and ending up covered with comparitively thick snow. Green Bay, I think, was more used to that type of weather than Seattle.
    Stumpy - I'm old enough to remember the"Ice Bowl" and was heartbroken when Green Bay won at the very end. Was one of the best games ever! I don't know if officials would even let teams play in that cold of weather now.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Stumpy - I'm old enough to remember the"Ice Bowl" and was heartbroken when Green Bay won at the very end. Was one of the best games ever! I don't know if officials would even let teams play in that cold of weather now.

I was extremely disappointed too, Jay, because back then, I was one of the Cowboys most enthusiastic fans and felt sure they were gonna win that game. Like you said, it was the very best pro game I've ever seen. And you're right - they might not even let two teams play in weather 13 below now.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• A day of snow and cold turned into the next day of upsets. Interesting matchup next weekend with the patriots/chargers and giants/packers going to the deep freeze. Might see snow games again next weekend. Looks very good for a packers/patriots super bowl, but don't count out the chargers and giants.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Well, Jay, looks like the Cowboys have the same problem as my Sooners. They do well in the regular season but when it really counts, they choke.

• saw terell owens crying. telling everyone he loves his QB. tell that to garcia & mcnabb. way to go giants you made my day.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Well, Jay, looks like the Cowboys have the same problem as my Sooners. They do well in the regular season but when it really counts, they choke.

If the Cowboys kept playing the way they did in the first half, they would have won this. But the Giants came out firing on all cylinders in the second half and didn't give Romo any time to set up in the pocket.
    Looks like I'm rooting for the Packers next week.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Seeing T.O. crying broke my heart. I never knew the big guy was so full of compassion for his fellow team mates......yea, right. He knew what he was doing and it had it's effect. He was all over the news. That's what T.O. is all about.

Thanks, Giants!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Looks like I'm rooting for the Packers next week.

Hey Jay,

Are you an anti-Manning fan? I happen to like both the Packers and the Giants. But it looks like it's going to be tough to beat the Patriots. And I am not counting out the Chargers, but I can't see them get through NE and the cold temps with a victory. I saw that the forecast in Green Bay is at kickoff around 11F. Not sure about any precipitation. Haven't heard the forecast in NE.

I have no vested interest in this game, my team lost, so I don't really care, but like to see the Patriots loose, just because I am tired of hearing how they are dominating the game. And the over rated Brady.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I like to see the Patriots loose, just because I am tired of hearing how they are dominating the game. And the over rated Brady.

I want 'em to lose because they're from the most liberal state in the country. Any state whose citizens are represented by the likes of Ted Kennedy and John Kerry has no business being NFL champions. :wink_smile:

• I want 'em to lose because they're from the most liberal state in the country. Any state whose citizens are represented by the likes of Ted Kennedy and John Kerry has no business being NFL champions. :wink_smile:

Well I ain't much on the political side of things, but wouldn't it be great if Favre (David) brought down the mighty Brady (Goliath)? That would put the ! on his career (my opinion of course).

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I have no vested interest in this game, my team lost, so I don't really care, but like to see the Patriots loose, just because I am tired of hearing how they are dominating the game. And the over rated Brady.

I think it is human nature to diss perfection, simply because it is near unobtainable. It's OK to seek perfection, but achieving it amounts to seeming to be better than one's peers.
    So much for Philosophy 101!!!:laugh:

"Not hardly!!!"

• I hate the Packers being a Vikings fan but I too want to see the Pats fall, mainly for the "cheating" thet they got caught at at the beginning of the season. Just for that I want them to loose.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• ESPNradio says that the temp for the Green Bay, New York game will be 2 to 2 below 0 and the wind chill could be up to 20 below. And I was bitching about the snow we had the other day.:stunned:

Stay thirsty my friends.