Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 143,397 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• You know Todd if I didn't know better I'd think you were not a Packer fan or maybe even better; you are a fan of two teams, one is the Vickings, and the other is who ever plays the Packers. Am I right or wrong here? What is the series record between the two teams?

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I am not sure what the series record is but I believe its close to .500 Maybe in favor of the Packers alittle.

I have never really been a Packer hater, just a Vikngs fan. But there is a rivalry that gets heated once in awhile. I just don't get caught up in it, well maybe for some light hearted jabbing, that's it. So I guess you can say I don't root for them.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Todd,

That's alright. Here in my state we live for college football. NFL is in second here. And it is Auburn/Alabama rivalry. And yes we have two favorite teams here. In my case it is Auburn and who ever plays Alabama.

As for the NFL, there is not much here, well it has been moving south with the additions of Tennessee, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay and Carolina. So we are adapting to the merging of NFL, but here in Alabama we are still college crazy. If the NFL expands to Alabama, say Birmingham, then we might be more incline to the NFL.

I know I didn't mention Atlanta, Miami, Houston and Dallas, but they have been a fixture here for a long time. And they have place in history.

Educate me with the Vikings tradition.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Where's old Bear when the Tide needs 'im most? :teeth_smile:

You know Jim that's what the Bama faithful are saying! They're still waiting for the resurrection. :glare:

- John Wayne quote

• You know Jim that's what the Bama faithful are saying! They're still waiting for the resurrection. :glare:

They oughta be - he was one hell of a coach. If I remember correctly, he was about the only coach in America that my Sooners never beat at one time or another.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Just saw the polls (Coaches poll), and gt your Georgia Bulldogs are NUMERAL UNO! This is a preseason, but watch out dawgs here comes the gators, tigers, vols, etc. They may have something to say.

- John Wayne quote

• the Bear could never beat the Irish!

Not too many people do, Mike. They're the only team in America that has more national championships than the Sooners. They're also the team that brought to an end OU's still-standing national record of 47 consecutive wins. In 1957 I think it was. Either '56 or '57.

• I bet you have a looping tape of the OU games installed in that thing!:stunned:You are a sick man, Jim! :ohmy::yeaahh::hyper:
    Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• Just saw the polls (Coaches poll), and gt your Georgia Bulldogs are NUMERAL UNO! This is a preseason, but watch out dawgs here comes the gators, tigers, vols, etc. They may have something to say.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

That's why we play the game. I like this schedule. Let's me know just what kind of a team we have. My opinion, any team in the SEC has one heck of a scedule. We also have Arizona State this year as well and they certainly were no pushovers last year. According to some of the things I have heard, we're not even supposed to win the SEC this year. All the "experts" are picking Florida to win it all this year. Either way, let's get it on!!!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• This gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "defensive struggle".

During my 60 plus years of following football, I've never before heard of a game with a score like this - one field goal and one safety. Amazing!

During my 60 plus years of following football, I've never before heard of a game with a score like this - one field goal and one safety. Amazing!

It looks like the score card from their last baseball meeting, not football. If Mississippi St could score points with Crooms defense they would be very dangerous.

I remarked to my wife last night that the score sounded like they were playing baseball.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• i dont know if this is the place to put this but here goes

the little bloke has joined a basketball team called "the Springfield Brumbies" they played their first game last week and while they lost they played well. the final score was either 32 - 26 or 30 -26 . the colours of the name are the colours that they play in fluro orange and bottle green, cant loose them now can we lol

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Last night's game between the Cowboys and Eagles was a very exciting one. The lead kept changing hands throughout the night, but the Cowboys won out! If Philadelphia had had a few more minutes on the clock, they would have regained the lead.
    When they face each other again in December, that should be another shootout!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"