Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 142,984 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well being an Oklahoma Aggie, I learned a long time ago that the one thing you don't do is brag on OSU football. They generally give you many opportunities for humble pie through the season.

I'll just be glad we are where we are and hope for a good rest of the season and leave it at that.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Finally they are talking about sending the UTenn coach packing. The Alumni donations down millions, the old saying money talks..right.

If Bowden is out at Clemson, Fulmer must know the clock is ticking. No Georgia win to bail him out this year, and Bama just is too good to lose to UTenn.

So Tbone, any UTenn fan knows the line, 'wait until next year'.

• Well being an Oklahoma Aggie, I learned a long time ago that the one thing you don't do is brag on OSU football. They generally give you many opportunities for humble pie through the season.

I'll just be glad we are where we are and hope for a good rest of the season and leave it at that.

This oughta be a barn burner this year. OU still has tough games left with OSU, Texas Tech, and Kansas. Of course, "on any given Saturday". :teeth_smile:

You know, OU could come back in the Big 12 too. I remember several years ago (I think when Barry was coaching), Nebraska (and Tom Osborne was their coach) beat OU during the regular season but somehow they both ended up in the Orange Bowl and if I remember correctly, it was for the national championship. OU won the bowl game.

I have a ticklish situation with two grandkids (my daughter's two). My granddaughter is a fan of OSU (she wants to go there and study to become a vet (she's an animal lover), whereas my grandson is a big OU fan. Don't know how my daughter keeps the peace.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Edited once, last by Stumpy ().

• I agree Stumpy, it ought to be an exciting game.

Any word historian knows the State name is the conjuction of 2 Choctaw words.
    I've just never seen such an intriguing .er. "conjunction" before. :omg: Oh my...

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Any word historian knows the State name is the conjuction of 2 Choctaw words.
    I've just never seen such an intriguing .er. "conjunction" before. :omg: Oh my...

C'mon, TBone, don't leave 'em hanging; tell 'em it means "red man" in Choctaw. I doubt there are many word historians on the board. :teeth_smile::wink_smile:

• My WVU Mountaineers are just not doing very well this year - to say the least. I think of few of them need to be takin' up the holler and taught how to play football again - tell 'em to go see Bubba! :wink_smile:

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• Well, gt12pak, your Bulldogs looked pretty good this afternoon against the Tigers but I must say, they appear to suffer from the lack of a good defense, same as OU.

• Anyone see the BAMA game. The NCAA and the SEC clearly want Bama to remain undefeated. Not that UTenn had much to say about it, but 0 penalties Bama, 6 Utenn in 1st half was robbery.
    Like you 12pak I yelled too much so I turned the game off. The cats were hiding and the wife had enough.
    I be thinkin UTenn be getting a new coach soon.

The Dawgs played good, Duke over Vandy, Gators spanked the cats.

• Not that anyone cares or should because its just a Big Ten team but, The Gophers won again today at Purdue. Its been a long time since we had a college football team that is 7-1 .

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Texas held on to its number one spot for another week:wink_smile:. Next week's game will be tough playing against Texas Tech!
    Also liked Penn State beating Ohio State on its own turf. PSU hadn't done that since 1978!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• That Penn St- Ohio St game was good. Pryor who turned down Penn St had extra insentive to play well. He did and so did both teams. Low scoring, knuckle dragging game.
    Texas and Tech should be a good game. Leach has beaten Brown when Brown coached UNC, but that was years ago.

• I have a hunch that this will be Joe Paterno's last season as Penn State's head coach (he'll be 82 in December) so I would dearly love to see him go out as a national champion.

Old Joe has always been one of my favorite coaches as I've never read of a breath of scandal about his team or any of its' players. His character is on a par with that of the Duke, a trait that is rare in big-time college football. And Penn State has been screwed before in the quest for a national championship. He shouldn't have to suffer another screwing.