Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 143,364 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I guess we are seeing an SEC and Big 12 matchup for the championship in January. Olkahoma looked pretty good against Olkahoma State, and what happen to Missouri today. Alabama dominated today, and I can't believe Georgia. Florida did its business as well.

Answers will determine who's where next week.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The SEC has a new gunslinger with Kiffin the new UTenn coach. His staff will have mostly NFL coaches with a few college ones. The defense will ran by his Dad, Monte Kiffin, needless to say few will be better.
    Should be a year to build, but in 2010 the SEC and then the National Title.:wink_smile:

• The SEC has a new gunslinger with Kiffin the new UTenn coach. His staff will have mostly NFL coaches with a few college ones. The defense will ran by his Dad, Monte Kiffin, needless to say few will be better.
    Should be a year to build, but in 2010 the SEC and then the National Title.:wink_smile:

I must say ShortGrub, you must be a vol fan. I follow them pretty closely due to the fact that my family is from Tennessee, and my parents are UT fans as well. I grew up a vol fan, but went to Auburn, and well you know the rest of the story.

My first Auburn game was against Tennessee in 1980. For the record, Tennessee won 48 - 0, and the coach lasted to the end of the season, just before the coming of Pat Dye.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Boy, have things happen around here the last couple of days. We (Auburn) have no football coach. He resigned after a very bad year. Now for the search for a new coach. What a year!

- John Wayne quote

• Many good coaches out there.

What I can't figure out is why Leach wants out of Tech so bad. He wanted the UTenn job,the Washington job, and probably will try for the Auburn job.

They interviewed Kiffin the other day and He would not answer questions on the Def coordinator. He said that will be in place later. All the Offense are in place, but no Defense. Anyone can figure out that he must wait until Daddy finishes the year with TB still in the playoff hunt.

• Looking at Oklahoma and Florida matchup in January. I'd say this will be one to remember. I went to see the Tennessee Titians yesterday and it was a good whipping, but it is so fun to be at a game like this. Oh, the Titians won the AFC South Division as well, and will have home field advantage until they loose or go to the Superbowl.

- John Wayne quote

• Up to date, we had another sophomore quarterback, Sam Bradford from Olkahoma. Congrats!

- John Wayne quote

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• Let's see; I think the Titans from Tennessee just beat the Steelers 31-14 in a shootout that determined who the #1 seed in the playoffs is. So congrats to the Titans for the win and the #1 seed in the AFC playoffs. The season is winding down, what a bummer!

- John Wayne quote

• This is make and break weekend for some of the teams in the NFL.

We are seeing the Jets, Dolphins, and Patriots are seeking the AFC East Spot. Then you have the Broncos and the Chargers battling for the AFC West. There is only one wild card place left and it is being battled for between the Jets, Dolphins, Patriots, and Ravens. What we know is the Titans are the #1 seed, Steelers are the #2 seed, and the Colts have the wildcard slot at #5.

The NFC have the Giants the East Champs as the #1 seed, and the Cardinals winning in the West. The Panthers and Falcons representing the South are trying to win it out right but both are in the playoffs. Those who are battling it out are the Vikings and Bears for the North champs, and trying to get in as the wildcard are the Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings, and Bears.

But the game of the year might be the one not going to the playoffs. The Lions are playing their last game and if they lose, they will become the first NFL team to loose 16 games in one season. This is not a honor by no means, but will history will be made? What do you think?

Answers will be known by this time tomorrow night; stay tuned.

- John Wayne quote

• Go Ravens! Rookie Head Coach and Rookie Quarterback with a chance to make the playoffs? It can't get better than that! :thumbs_up: They were expected to win maybe 4 or 5 games, yet they stand at 10 and 5 right now. Go Ravens!

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Let's start with the AFC.

1. Tennessee
    2. Pittsburgh
    3. Miami
    4. San Deigo
    5. Indianapolis
    6. Baltimore

Next week (January 3-4) it is:
    Saturday: Indianapolis at San Diego, (8 p.m. ET, NBC)
    Sunday: Baltimore at Miami, (1 p.m. ET, CBS)

2nd Week (January 10-11) it is:
    Saturday: Baltimore, San Diego or Indianapolis at Tennessee, (4:30 p.m. ET, CBS)
    Sunday: Miami, San Diego or Indianapolis at Pittsburgh (4:45 p.m. ET, CBS)

The NFC.

1. New York Giants
    2. Carolina
    3. Minnesota
    4. Arizona
    5. Atlanta
    6. Philadelphia

Next week (January 3-4) it is:
    Saturday: Atlanta at Arizona, (4:30 p.m. ET, NBC)
    Sunday: Philadelphia at Minnesota (4:30 p.m. ET, Fox)

2nd Week (January 10-11) it is:
    Saturday: Arizona, Atlanta or Minnesota at Carolina, (8:15 p.m. ET, Fox)
    Sunday: Arizona, Atlanta or Philadelphia at New York Giants, (1 p.m. ET, Fox)

3rd Week (Sunday, January 18) it is:
    NFC Championship (3 p.m., ET, Fox)
    AFC Championship (6:30 p.m. ET, CBS)

Super Bowl XLIII - Sunday February 1, 2009 6:00 PM ET on NBC @ Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fla.

And for the big big story, the Detroit Lions went 0-16. The first team to loose 16 games in a season. Green Bay Packers won 31-21.

Go Titans!

- John Wayne quote

• I always have the Eagles in the NFC, and the Colts in the AFC apparel on.

The Colts winners of 9 in a row are the hottest team going into the playoffs.

Should be interesting games to watch.

How about them Cowgirls..er Cowboys.:wink_smile: