5000+ Post Club

There are 321 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 139,534 times. The latest Post () was by The Irish Duke.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• 5000 posts!

Who'da thunk it almost 5 years ago?

I realize that, compared to other forums, 5000 posts would be in the slacker category, but for our little community of merry men and women devoted to the memory of John Wayne, this is a first.

Here's our first "milestone" post, when we reached 100 posts ~

We tried finding our very first post, but when you try to see "All posts by this user" it currently only goes back 500 posts. We first posted here sometime in January of 2003.

This much time later, we can say that we have learned much more about John Wayne than we knew when we started here, we have gained friends around the country and the world, and we consider it a privilege to be here and know all of you!

It's been a wonderful adventure, and we look forward to continuing it for a long time to come, with you by our side.

Thanks to Kevn for this wonderful forum, and his diligent efforts to keep it going strong!

Fondly,

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi Jim and Sue,

I remember those little squares too,
    and how pleased I was when I got four!!!

Anyway,

CONGRATULATIONS on

5000 Posts,

It's a great honour to be the first to say so,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• CONGRATULATIONS
    Jim & Sue
    for 5000 POSTS!!!! :gora: :gora: :gora: :gora: :gora:
    That is really a fine accomplishment. I remember the little squares too. Where does the time go. You're right about finding the friends on this board - it's just like the VISA card - PRICELESS!!
    Cheers - Jay:beer: :beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• CONGRATS to you both for reaching 5000 posts :cake: , there i was busy working and once again you pass another milestone, or well i snooze i lose :sleep_1: . keep up the posts it has been a long time coming.

i to remember the little blue squares and how we all felt when we coloured them in :hyper: .

see you soon at 5100

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• 5000 posts!

Who'da thunk it almost 5 years ago?

I realize that, compared to other forums, 5000 posts would be in the slacker category, but for our little community of merry men and women devoted to the memory of John Wayne, this is a first.

Hello Jim and Sue

I notice that you both joined around the same time I did to this great forum. Here it is, 5 years later and you reach 5000 posts. And I am still under 900 posts. I MUST BE THE SLACKER KING !!! :stunned:

Congratulations to both of you, Jim and Sue. The board would not be the same without your cooperation these last 5 years. Keep up the great work!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Well, as I was sitting around this site last night, I had seen where Chester was at 4998 and I said to myself, I said, self...(that's what I call myself when I'm talking to myself)...I just wonder if i could beat chester to 5000 tonight. After all, I only needed around 3700 posts to get there. Welllll, as much as I love to post, I finally decided that I just couldn't do it soooooo....

Congratulations to Chester for his 5000 posts.:hyper:

Perhaps in the next couple of years I will be able to join your VERY exclusive club. GT

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Keith, Jay, Mike, smokey, Mark, Chilibill, Arthur, and Vera, thank you so much for your congratulatory sentiments!

Quote from Jay J. Foraker

You're right about finding the friends on this board - it's just like the VISA card - PRICELESS!!

GREAT analogy, Jay!

Quote from dukefan1

I notice that you both joined around the same time I did to this great forum. Here it is, 5 years later and you reach 5000 posts. And I am still under 900 posts. I MUST BE THE SLACKER KING !!!

Mark, you are NOT a slacker! As I recall, you have a really terrific web site devoted to John Wayne, and that has to take at least a little of your time, right?

It was fun to see how many of you remember the little squares :hyper:.

Thanks to all of you for making this such a great place!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Dang, and all this time since late last night I have been wondering what that BIG BANG was? and now I know it. It was (and may I add my hearty CONGRATULATIONS TO Jim and Sue) Jim and Sue, breaking yet another record (and for our good too!) :wink_smile: Thank you for all your contributions Madame, Sire! :teeth_smile:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Lest you all think you are in the Twilight Zone and this thread is a hoax . . . you might notice my post count is down below the 5000 mark. Kevin did some major pruning of outdated threads, and there went a bunch of my posts!:ohmy:

So I guess I get to do this all over again, in a few weeks!

Just thought you might be wondering what happened. I know I was!

Chester :newyear:

• You mean, in a few minutes :thumbs_up: :teeth_smile: :wink_smile:

And, I want to be the first to wish you CONGRATULATIONS on your future 2nd passing of that 5 grand goal. :present: :martini_shaken: :russia:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Yeah, I noticed that myself. Sorry to see that.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Thought I was imagining it myself. If Kevin keeps going you may get to experience all the milestones again!!!

Congratulations on your 1st 100 posts :wink_smile:

Keep on posting

Best

Mike

• Here we are again :teeth_smile: Congratulations Chester & Mrs Chester on being the 1st & 2nd member to pass 5000 posts.

Now if you had to buy us all a drink each time this could be interesting !!

Mike