Best Villain Western Or Non Western

There are 66 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 34,955 times. The latest Post () was by Big Jake Jr..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Has to be Bruce Dern in The Cowboys or Yul Brynner in Westworld both roles gave both actors a major boost in their careers.

I'm not so sure that gave Dern a major boost. I've read several times that he received all kinds of death threats after "killing" the Duke. :fear2:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I'm not so sure that gave Dern a major boost. I've read several times that he received all kinds of death threats after "killing" the Duke. :fear2:

As a role, although unpopular with JW fans it certainly got Dern noticed by the wide film making community.

Prior to The Cowboys he played very small supporting roles virtually being an extra with dialogue. After The Cowboys he landed two leading roles in Silent Running & Family Plot amazing when you look at his career before these films. He was unable to build on his raised profile and could not escape the psycho / nut roles that The Cowboys & Black Sunday typecast with as an actor.

• Nice topic!Well that's my list:

Westerns:
    Richard Boone as ''Cicero Grimes'' in Hombre
    Bruce Dern as ''Asa Watts'' in Cowboys
    Henry Fonda as ''Frank'' in Once Upon a Time in the West
    Lee Van Cleef as ''Angel Eyes'' in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Klaus Kinski as ''Loco'' in The Great Silence
    Lee Marvin as ''Liberty Valance'' in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Non Westerns:
    Tom Lister Jr. as ''Zeus'' in No Holds Barred
    Kurtwood Smith as ''Clarence Boddicker'' in RoboCop
    Clancy Brown as ''Kurgan/Victor Kruger'' in Highlander
    Michael Ironside as ''General Katana'' in Highlander 2
    Arnold Schwarzenegger as ''Terminator T-800 Model 101'' in Terminator
    James Earl Jones as ''Thulsa Doom'' in Conan the Barbarian

Break the law and he's the last man you want to see. And the last you ever will.