Best Western Show Down

There are 13 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,404 times. The latest Post () was by smokey.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• One of the best I can think of, just happens to be in a Charlton Heston Western. I thought the ""Compost Forces" under the command of Major Dundee, and their fighting the French Army at the end of the movie; was a great Show Down.

More that comes to mind, are in Duke's Western: The Undefeated. The two Show Downs im thinking of are: the first one where the Confederates have their wagons circled and they are attacked by Mexican Banditos. The other is where Duke's outfit has to tangle with the French forces - when they are also trying to deliver their heard of Horses to the Mexican General - who is holding the Confederates; as hostages.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Not to bring the Costner thing back up but I thought the showdown in "Open Range" was very well down and very realistic.

The showdown at the end of Quigley Down Under between Tom Selleck and Alan Rickman was good. "I didn't say I didn't know how to use one, just that I never had no use for one"

Who can forget "High Noon" ? Great showdown......

Those are the ones that coem to mind, I will keep thinking on it.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Yep, Classic stuff.

Others I liked were the OK Corral Shootouts in "My Darling Clementine" and "Gunfight at the OK Corral", the showdown in Shane, Ringo Kid going after the Plummer Brothers in "Stagecoach", and the climax of "Magnificent Seven". Another good one is in the last segment of 'How the West Was Won", the High Noon style showdown on a fast moving train. Good stuff! :beer:

• we all know the true grit meadow scene is the all time greatest. but what other one comes to mind?

Hello Bill

you are not wrong there. It is the greatest!!

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• Have to agree, the endings of The Wild Bunch and The Alamo, were great. I love Sam Peckinpah's slow shots mixed with actual time.

Another movie I think that had several great Show Downs in it is: Cross of Iron w/ James Coburn as Sgt Steiner, James Mason as Colonel Brandt, David Werner as Captain Kiesel and Maximilian Schell as Captain Stransky. The ending show down was one of two favorites in the movie. The remnants of Sgt Steiner's Platoon, get shat at by their own men with a few being killed, adn this is happening during a Russian artillery Barrage. Finally they arrive and Steiner kills a Lieutenant then goes in search of Stransky. The Russians launch another attack during this and the scenes were just amazing.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• one i just thought of were not a shot was fired. tall in the saddle. the show down in th street "touch that gun and i'll kill you" great stuff.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" - though played for all it's worth and extended beyond all reality, I still love that ending - Morricone's music adds a lot!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"