Name your favorite TV Mini-Series.

There are 31 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,836 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• hi ringo

i have the ANZAC's dvds was going to watch them this week but was called into work on the day i had set aside so it looks like i will have to try and make another time to watch them, there are three disc's to the set.

will let you know all about the series when i get to watching it

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hope you guys bear with me, I don't know how to do multi-quotes - so I have to do multi-posts.

Well, the multi-quote buttons don't seem to work for me, so what I do is use the cut-and-paste method and enclose different folks' quotes using the little tab above that looks like a dialogue balloon (second one to the left of YouTube button).

Chester :newyear:

• hi ringo

just finished watching ANZACS great program, was a little sad in the end when they were unvaling the memorial. if i can find someone who can burn me a copy i will try and get it done for you will let you know when so details can be arranged

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• :thumbs_up: Thank you Smokey, I will look forward to getting it. This is one that needs to be released- as well as The Lighthorsemen. Been far too long since I have seen either movie.

Hi Moonshinesally: Her last name is the same as mine-which is Evans :wink_smile:

Hi Chester, I tried to do a cut and paste but kept getting some sort of error message. Argh--I think I need to retake a few computer classes.:ohmy:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Here's yet another TV mini-series: "The Crossing" which had the same actor playing George Washington as who had played: Col. Chamberlain in: "Gettysburg." Can't think of his name off-hand.

Here's yet another TV mini-series: "The Crossing" which had the same actor playing George Washington as who had played: Col. Chamberlain in: "Gettysburg." Can't think of his name off-hand

Jeff Daniels.

• I'm not trying to get too specific, but the Ken Burns' stuff is considered Documentaries. I do enjoy them them as well. I have the Civil War in both VHS and DVD formats. And I've seen others of his series.

But I thought I'd tell you that so not to get off topic.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I've seen quite a few of the mini series mentioned and most of them were very good. My favorites though, are Lonesome Dove and Band Of Brothers. I also liked Return to Lonesome Dove, even though it wasn't quite as good and was not connected to Larry McMurtry. I also liked Streets Of Laredo but, thought Dead Mans Walk was ok but, not great.
    One mini series I haven't seen mentioned that got high marks was Captains And Kings which put the late Richard Jordan on the map. Of course, I don't think it's been shown on tv since it was originally on in the 70's but, I remember it was pretty good.

• I've seen quite a few of the mini series mentioned and most of them were very good. My favorites though, are Lonesome Dove and Band Of Brothers. I also liked Return to Lonesome Dove, even though it wasn't quite as good and was not connected to Larry McMurtry. I also liked Streets Of Laredo but, thought Dead Mans Walk was ok but, not great.
    One mini series I haven't seen mentioned that got high marks was Captains And Kings which put the late Richard Jordan on the map. Of course, I don't think it's been shown on tv since it was originally on in the 70's but, I remember it was pretty good.

I think this one goes back further than I can remember-concerning what I might have seen on TV :wink_smile: What is it about?

Also, just remembered another one. This one I THINK was called: George Washington and George was played by Barry Bostwick. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: