Great Movie Comedies

There are 28 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,681 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• In addition to what was mentioned above, I'd like to add Animal House, The Blues Brothers, Father Goose, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Donovan's Reef, Father of the Bride (Spencer Tracy version), anything Three Stooges, The Trouble with Harry, Only the Lonely, Airplane, and Bringing Up Baby.

My Top 10 are:

1. Father Goose
    2. Blazing Saddles
    3. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
    4. McLintock!
    5. Father of the Bride (Spencer Tracy version)
    6. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
    7. Animal House
    8. Arsenic and Old Lace
    9. Monty Python & the Holy Grail
    10. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• ringo

i too like father goose have wanted to buy it for a long time but havent seen it released on dvd here but i will wait for it to come as all good things come to those who wait. i always thought how they got him onto the island was one of the funny parts, then the teacher hiding his drink what a hoot

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Mad Mad World, Trading Places , The Blues Brothers, Smokey & The Bandit, What's Up Doc Uncle Buck Planes Trains & Automobiles and of course the great Laurel & Hardy who are guaranteed to brighten up any day.

Mike

• Still love to watch Smokey and tha Bandit. If you look close, you can spot Hank Worden (Ol' Mose) driving one of the 18 wheelers late in the movie. Another good one is Cannonball Run. I always liked the pairing of Burt Reynold and Dom Deluise.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Thank you for reminding of this one, Ringo. When I was a kid, The Canterville Ghost was one of my favorite movies.

I've seen this one twice and like it more and more each time. One wonders why the studio that owns it is waiting for in realeasing it?

Hi Smokey, I can't get enough of: Father Goose. That movie was one that I first saw when I was 17, and sick in the hospital w/ double pneumonia. I was lucky in that it was played twice (on seperate cable stations) while I was in. Another Cary Grant favorite of mine besides Arsenic and Old Lace is: Operation Petticoat.

Thanks Mike, i'd forgotten about What's Up Doc?" Ryan O'Neil was great in it.:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• i like operation pettycoat as well it is such a laugh my son loved to watch it when he was younger so much in fact that we had to go out and but dad a new copy of it (on VHS) havent seen it released on dvd if it was i would snap it up nothing funnier than a pink sub. and when they sink the truck on the beach good laughs to be had. wish they made more of these types of movies

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I remember watching 'Bringing up baby' and laughing from start to finish this is perhaps my favourite comedy and Cary Grant had superb comic timing.

I also like 'Mister Roberts' this movie is very funny with some great visual gags, its also a great movie and there are some bittersweet moments in it.

I think my favourite John Wayne comedy is 'North to Alaska' this is a rumbustious action packed western with many funny scenes including the legendary jealousy scene, I rate it ahead of 'Mclintock' in terms of comedy because 'Mclintock' while being a great movie had some very heavy issues within its material whereas 'North to Alaska' is pure unadulterated lighthearted entertainment.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• I've got a few.I've always liked Jerry Lewis and he did some that had my sides splitting.
    The Disorderly Orderly
    The Patsy
    The Errand Boy
    The Bellboy
    A couple of Mel Brooks films
    Blazing Saddles
    Young Frankenstein
    Just about anything by Laurel and Hardy but, my absolute fave is The Music Box, where they drag the piano up the hill.
    It's A Mad, Mad, Mad World
    Support Your Local Sheriff
    Airplane
    The Naked Gun movies