Going to be away for a while

There are 20 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,137 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• First off, Merry Christmas!

Just wanted to let you guys know that'll I'll be away from now until the 4th of January(or 5th)....going away with family...

hope you all have a great christmas and a happy new year.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Thanks Bek for the warm wishes.

Have a nice time away with the family and be safe!!

Talk to you when you get back.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Merry Christmas, Bek. Enjoy the time with the family. That's what it is all about. Be safe and enjoy yourself.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Have a great time on your trip, Senta. I've often wondered...when an English speaking person travels to other countries in Europe, they can almost always find someone who can speak English in the country they travel to. How is it for Russian travelers? I have no idea how many people speak or have a working knowledge of the Russian language in other countries in Europe. I'm just curious. Enjoy your trip and be safe. We'll keep the fire burning and the coffee hot till you get back.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Thank you Arthur and mark for Kind wishes.
    Mark, I speak English from childhood, so I can't imagine person who didn't - I mean how he feels. But I think that the problem is not in that, but how comphortable you feel in other country. By the way in England it was great feeling that everybody around are speaking familiar language, and even elevator and subway trains are all speaking English - it was wonderful feeling.
    In France people mainly understand English but native Frenchman didn't like to speak English, so I mainly started with few sentences in French and when try to explain other in English. In France they think that French is the best language in the world and everybody must know it. By the way it was exactly what I was told by very colorful French woman owner of the cheese shop. Not only French people but Russians at 19th sentury thought so too. The high society spoke only French they write letters on it and so on, they even knew Russian not as good as French. Read Tolstoy's War and Peace - there is many pages written in French, Tolstoy himself knew it perfect, becouse he was high society indeed and you can't be comme il four (not sure it is write spelling) unless you will be perfect in French.
    Thats why many people from Russia after the revolution settled at France, in Paris, there is Russian Ortodox churches there, Russian cemetry. So I feel a little ashamed that I didn't know French, wish to learn it someday.
    Regards,
    Senta

• Hi Vera, I hope you have alot of fun in the City of Lights. I've never been there but hope to make it someday.

Take care and also looking forward to reading about your trip to Normandy. Is there any chance that you will be touring the D-Day landing areas? If so, i'd love to see any photos.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• senta

have a safe and happy holiday, as you are travelling by bus you dont have to worry about how much you buy so buy up big all of the movies you want and can afford. are you travelling because of you dealings with your horses or just for a hoilday.
    keep safe and see you when you get back dont forget to tell all.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Thank you, Carl, Chester and Mrs. Chester, Smokey and Jay for your kind wishes.
    No, Carl I think we will not be visiting place of landing, we will be at Ryan and Mon San Michel - so it is all more close to middle ages history.
    Smokey, I'm partly travelling as a guide partly as a holiday. As for horses I do expecting visit Paris very briefly at Prix d'Amerique wich is the biggest harness racing event. This year I'm included in the Russian delegation. And I certainly will try to get some movies.
    Regards,
    Vera