What did you get?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,884 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just wondering what members got for Christmas?

I got

Gold Tickets to Brooks & Dunn Concert - 59 Days(29th feb) But I'm not counting. lol
    The Very Best Of George Strait, Vol 2 1988-1993
    The Very Best Of Brooks & Dunn
    A Wrangler Cap
    Wrangler Key ring
    And some money.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Very Nice gift's looks like you where blessed this year…

We where very blessed this year...

4 new bikes with helmets (1 for each of my children)
    3 Movie Lover's Value Pack's (4 admissions- 1 large Drink - 1 Large Popcorn)
    1 gift certificate to the local bowling ally
    1 gift certificate to Wal-Mart
    1 gift certificate to Target
    Money to make a trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium

1 car with the insurance paid for a year. We have been without a car for almost two years, we have walked or rode our bikes wherever we needed to go. It’s hard to express how good the freedom of being able to drive is. The first thing we did was go to Wendy’s in Gilroy, there is not one here in Morgan Hill so we have not had it in a while.

I have included a pic of the car and a couple from our trip to The Monterey Bay Aquarium…

• Nice items you all recieved ;-))

My family did not gather this year but I still had the pleasure of going out to dinner with one of my Nephews and getting to see both of my Grand-Nieces. Other than that, I got a nice wooden boxed set of John Wayne cards-really is a very nice-looking item) oh and almost forgot the gift froma friend of mine in Canada, of an all WWII German Luftwaffe Ribbonbar. Since we didn't have to buy anybody in the family anything, I was able to spread a little Cheer for a few people-which was good enough for me as doing things like that; give me a charge. :teeth_smile:

I sent out around 20 Christmas Cards and got around 15 or so Cards in return. Those cards really made the holidays much better. I might add, I thank the several of folks from this site for sending me a card ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• well i got for christmas

a set of speakers for the computer
    a yoghurt maker
    gift card to spend at myer or any coles store
    2 bottles of wine (one for now drinking one to put down)
    and some nice smelling bath soaps

now the little bloke got
    gift cards from his granma and 1 aunty
    some magnatix
    pst2 games x3 (juiced,needfor speed underground2, medal of honour)
    2 books for reading
    gift card from another aunt
    students chair
    2 star wars figures
    backpack for nintendo ds

with his gift cards and some money he had saved he bought himself a basketball hoop which we will put up once we know what the weather is going to be like

on the whole a good christmas, my brother has some gifts he is sending from where he is

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• It was a very nice Christmas with the family:

I received:
    Pants
    Shirts
    Socks
    Gloves (boy did I need them right now)
    Books - John Wayne: The Man Behind the Myth
    - 2008 Book of Facts
    Wallet - Leather Auburn Emblem
    TomTom Go 720 GPS
    Gift Cards - Wal-Mart and Office Depot

Not a bad day and it was with the family.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Tubular running boards for my truck
    Giftcards from Fleet Farm and Best Buy
    money
    shirt
    Its all for the kids anyways, right!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• We where very blessed this year...

1 car with the insurance paid for a year. We have been without a car for almost two years, we have walked or rode our bikes wherever we needed to go. It’s hard to express how good the freedom of being able to drive is. The first thing we did was go to Wendy’s in Gilroy, there is not one here in Morgan Hill so we have not had it in a while.

erthomp,

Wow, without a car for almost two years! That is not an easy thing in our area - I admire you and your family, and am so happy for you, that you now have a car! Congratulations! I am also impressed with your list of gifts - with the exception of the bikes and car, your gifts were mostly gifts of time together with the family, and not items that take up space in your life. Way to go!

My gifts were mostly "practical" ones - a disc grinder (several kids chipped on that one), a gift certificate for a local restaurant for the Mrs. and me from our oldest son, a new appointment book for 2008, a travel pillow (the kind that goes around your neck and gives your head somewhere to rest instead of flopping around - although it was for me in the computer chair :yeaahh:). On the less practical side, but very appreciated, the Mrs. got me several JW-related books - John Wayne in Stand Up & Be Counted, Pilgrim; The John Wayne Code (An American Conservative Manifesto); The Quotable John Wayne; and John Wayne Movie Posters at Auction.

I had seen the movie poster book on ebay shortly before Christmas and "hinted" that it was something I would like. I was kind of disappointed when, a few hours later, I saw that the auction ended with 0 bids. What I didn't know was that the Mrs. had quietly gone to Amazon and ordered the book when I wasn't looking, so I was kind of surprised to find it under the Christmas tree.

Another interesting story related to another book, The Quotable John Wayne, by Carol Lea Mueller - just yesterday, the Mrs. had a chance to look at the book, and started out by reading the introduction, and was surprised to see that the author wrote from Santa Cruz, CA (right in our back yard). A little research and a phone call later, and she was speaking to the woman who compiled and edited the book! She told her about the message board, so perhaps we might have a new member from our neck of the woods.

It was a good Christmas for our family.

Chester :newyear: