Anyone here remember or were fans of this TV series?

There are 13 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,284 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I was wondering if anyone here besides me, remembered and or were fans of the TV series: The Fall Guy w/ Lee Majors, Heather Thomas (pant, pant, pant awooooo pant hubba hubba); and Douglas Barr.

Anyway, I just bought season 1 from W-M and just watched the pilot episode last night. I remember being a big fan of the show when it was on and I was very pleased to find that I still love the show. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

FYI, it was always believed that Lee Majors sang the theme song but it was really Glen A. Larson who sang it as well as either wrote or co-wrote that series.

Anyway, the pilot episode also has in it as a cameo: James Coburn. The main guest star is Eddie Albert. And there are a few character actors in it who you will recognize but probably will not know their names.

I have always wondered what had become of both Heather Thomas and Doug Barr? As for Lee Majors, I have seen him in a few movies over the last several years.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I used to love this show. Lots of fun. Heres some info on Heather Thomas and Douglas Barr from Wikipedia.

Heather Thomas started acting in 1978 in small television roles after graduating from Santa Monica High School and attending UCLA Film School. She got her biggest part as "Jody Banks" in 1981 in Lee Majors' The Fall Guy. She kept that role until 1986, when the show was cancelled. She has appeared in several movies and quit acting in 1998. She overcame a cocaine addiction in the 1980s. Her daughter India Rose was born on June 19, 2000. She has been married to Skip Brittenham since 1992.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Douglas Barr (b. May 1, 1949 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, U.S.) is an American actor, writer and director. He has starred in movies and on television.
    Douglas' first TV series was in the 1980s TV series When the Whistle Blows. Later on, his big role came on the ABC TV series The Fall Guy as Howie Munson from 1981-1986. His other well known role was in the short lived CBS TV series The Wizard as Alex Jagger from 1986-1987 and he starred on the hit CBS series Designing Women as Bill Stillfield from 1988-1991.
    His first feature film he starred in was the 1981 horror movie Deadly Blessing and also that year he starred in The Unseen, another horror movie. Douglas's most recent movie was in the 1994 film Temptation.
    Douglas has directed many TV movies.
    Douglas has made some guest appearances on TV shows, those appearances range from Fantasy Island, The Love Boat, Hotel, and Murder, She Wrote.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• That looks like her, Jim. A little hard to tell until the end with all the action:wink_smile:

I was wondering if anyone here besides me, remembered and or were fans of the TV series: The Fall Guy w/ Lee Majors, Heather Thomas (pant, pant, pant awooooo pant hubba hubba); and Douglas Barr.

Carl - I remember that series as well. Made use of a lot of stuntmen, of course!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• That looks like her, Jim. A little hard to tell until the end with all the action:wink_smile:
    Carl - I remember that series as well. Made use of a lot of stuntmen, of course!

Thanks Er.T, Phantom, Jim/Sue and Jay,

I have to admit that I was skepticle at first and passed it by as I was buying seasons 1-4 of The Andy Griffith Show. My next buy was the Buck Rogers of the 21st Century but I returned it and took The Fall Guy instead. I am not regretting getting it ;-)) I had not known that she had a cocaine habit but glad she got over it.

Phantom, your marvelous, thanks for that info.

Hi Jim, though I can't access utube here but im sure what you posted has to be her :wink:

Jay, heh heh, and a LOT of trucks too :wink_smile:

• hadn't thought of that series for a long time. Too bad the series aren't like that any more. Tired of the reality stuff on TV now. Don't watch it. Always enjoyed those kinds of show.

• I do remember the series, but I was in college and didn't watch it. I think I might have seen a couple of shows, but it wasn't my favorite series. Liked Lee Majors better in The BIg Valley and The Six Million Dollar Man. Heather Locklear is a fox. She happens to be my age, but I haven't seen her in anything I really liked her in, so I am not sure if I have an interest in her. As for the others, I don't know much about them.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Speaking of "do you remember," here's one I used to like when I was a kid - The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, with Edward Mulhare and Hope Lange. I have NO idea how I wandered across it on YouTube (mostly music with clips from the show, so nothing that would show what the show itself was like). It ran for 50 episodes between 1968 and 1970, and was loosely based on the 1947 movie of the same name.

Anybody else remember this show?

Mrs. C :angel1:

• I liked this movie myself. I was a kid myself and like it a lot. Charles Nelson Riley was great on the series.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Well, this series sure has it's fair share of surprises in it. From the episodes I saw yesterday, I saw Kathy-Lee Gifford, Ben Cooper (twice) Richard Moll, Buddy Ebsen's Sister (I can't recall her first name) and some other "familiar faces."

Almost forgot, also saw Jamie Farr, Don Ho and Professor Toru Tanaka (SP?)

• hi ringo

remember this programme but didnt watch it all that often only if it was raining or was sick.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• hi ringo

remember this programme but didnt watch it all that often only if it was raining or was sick.

cheers smokey

Hi Smokey, that's ok, i'll forgive you for not regularly watching it :wink_smile: Heh heh, just kidding.

I wish I had a way to show you various pictures from it. The series is a bit of a light-hearted series and does not show many characters getting "bumped-off." I guess one of my favorite things I liked about the show, was all the guest stars and cameos that you see in every episode - or that i've seen so far. Last night I saw one that had a comedian in it-I can't think of his name but-he's easily recognizable. Also, another episode had Shecky Greene in it. And the latest one im watching has J.D. Cannon in it. This episode is the first one I remembered anything about. Another that I just watched had Glenn Corbett in it.