Tommy Lee Jones

There are 16 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,742 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi all,
    Now,the actor well known to the widest layer in Japan might be Tommy Lee Jones.
    I t is not because of appearance to "No Country" of the Academy aword,It's because
    of receiving a favorable reception of in Japan he has been going out to the TV commercial of Suntory(Japanese brewing company) since 2006.
    He performed as Alien Jones in this commercial series.
    IMO he is a great actor.
    YouTube - Tommy Lee Jones TV commercial 3

Regards,
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• I agree with you, H.sanada. I think Tommy Lee Jones is an excellent actor. Have you seen him in the western, The Missing? I liked it very much. And his roll of Captain Woodrow Call in Lonesome Dove as well. Thanks for sharing the clip with us.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• H.sanada
    I think I like Him the Best in "Space Cowboys" as Hawk Hawkins and the other Old Gezzers that go into Space, and Save The World Flying the Space Shuttle !!!
    :evilgrin:
    Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder.
    :vampire:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Tommy Lee has played some noteworthy villains, including the role of Gary M. Gilmore in the TV movie "The Executioner's Song", which is the film that jump-started his career. It was based upon a true story of the killer who demanded to be executed by the state of Utah following reinstatement by SCOTUS of the death penalty during the Seventies. Gilmore was executed by firing squad, one of the methods of execution in Utah.

Other movies in which he excelled as a bad guy were 1989's "The Package", in which he played a would-be presidential assassin being pursued by Army Sergeant Major Gene Hackman and 1992's "Under Siege" with Steven Segal a Navy Seal trying to stop Jones from destroying Honolulu with a nuclear missile.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Chester You Got That Right, Suntory makes some of the Best Beer in Japan.
    When I was in Japan in the 1950s into the 1960s, many times I would say,
    Ichi Biiru Please, or in English One Beer Please !
    :beer:
    Bill
    Ya-Who
    (bud)

• My favorite Japanese beer was Asahi, with Kirin a close second. I used to drink Suntory whiskey but never tried their beer.

• Tommy Lee Jones has a home here in San Antonio and was married to our current mayor's daughter (since divorced). He also has a ranch near San Saba, Texas. He has a reputation of being less than gracious with fans and has been referred to as "Mr. Grumpy" or similar titles.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Tommy Lee Jones has a home here in San Antonio and was married to our current mayor's daughter (since divorced). He also has a ranch near San Saba, Texas. He has a reputation of being less than gracious with fans and has been referred to as "Mr. Grumpy" or similar titles.

He usually plays kind of a grump in most of his movies. I think the only Jones movie in which I ever saw any exuberance on his part was "Under Siege" and in that, I think the exhibited exuberance was fueled by either drugs, alcohol or psychotic behavior. Segal calmed him down though. :wink_smile:

• In speaking of TLJ, with his good ole boy down-home Texas dialect, it's hard to believe he graduated cum laude, with a degree in English no less, from America's most prestigious university.

• My friend that lives in Nirita, Japan when He comes to the U.S. every year or two Always Brings me Suntory Whiskey, but I am Not a Whiskey Drinker.
    You are Right Asahi was a Great Beer Also !
    Ichi Asahi Biiru Please !
    :beer:
    Bill

• In speaking of TLJ, with his good ole boy down-home Texas dialect, it's hard to believe he graduated cum laude, with a degree in English no less, from America's most prestigious university.

I don't hold it against TLJ that he roomed with Al Gore!!!:teeth_smile:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Tommy Lee Jones and Robert Duvall in Lonesome Dove will always be right up there behind John Wayne as great cowboys in a movie.

• Great commercial clip! We watched some of the others and got a good chuckle. I'm guessing that Boss is some kind of energy drink. How many of those commercials did he do?

We enjoyed TLJ in Space Cowboys and also in The Fugitive.

Hi Jim,
    Boss is the brand name of canned coffee.Many of Boss are sold in the vending machine .
    those commercials of Boss perhaps 12or13 series were released from 2006 to present.

According to the Suntory,William T Brooks and Stumpy, you know the Japanese whisky and beer very well,I'm surprised!
    Suntory is an old established distiller in Japan.Kirin and Sapporo were traditional beer brewery .But, the share is being deprived by the beer of new brand that Asahi and Suntory in recent year.

Let's change the theme,It was "The Fugitive"that i paid attention to TLJ first in 1993.
    His the latter activity,It's just what you know well. the particurlarly impressive his movies
    are "Men In Black","Space Cowboys" Of course dukefan1 's favorite "The Missing"
    yes,I love The Missing.and "Three Burials of Me'quisdes Estrada"is the great.
    I think that his horseback riding figure is attractive. isn't it?

Regards,
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~