Staying in Idaho

There are 26 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,726 times. The latest Post () was by Lt. Brannigan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello Friends,

Thought I'd let those who might be wondering what I'm up to know that I am staying here in Idaho, as in making this my home...

I've been so busy taking care of my sick man that I have not had much time to play online.

Also, I am working with an author who wants to use some of my experiences in her next book...Let me tell ya, writing is time consuming even if it is a passion of mine.

Spring is finally coming to our neck of the woods. The snow is melting nicely and soon this yard will be filled with sweet scents from all of the different flowering trees and bushes. After living close to Houston with it's stench, having sweet smelling air when I walk outside is like heaven. I'm in a valley surrounded by mountains with our front window facing the Grand Teton's...Like living in a postcard....

Hope all of you are doing well...

Cindy

• Hi Cindy,

Lovely to here from you, and how much you
    are enjoying your new found surroundings.
    I know what you mean about being away
    from a city, it's a whole new world out there!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• That's awesome Cindy, I would love to live in the mountains. Hope to see you around here and hope your man gets well soon.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Thought I'd let those who might be wondering what I'm up to know that I am staying here in Idaho, as in making this my home...

Wherever you are in the world, we just hope you are planning on staying around here, too!

We're happy for you, to have found such a wonderful "postcard" place to be.

Thanks for keeping in touch, and we hope to see you around here when time and circumstances permit.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi Cindy, I am more than glad to hear you are staying in an area that sounds like Heaven. I hope your gy gets well soon and really do miss our conversations by phone. Take care and the best of wishes for you two.

Your frined always--Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Brannigan, see the wink, (:wink_smile:)? This means I'm just messin' with ya. It's good to have someone to kinda fool around with. But let's not get (ot)!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Gt... you just have to go and ruin my fun don't you? I was quite fine being willfully ignorant.
    But any back on topic, Cindy has any wild life wandered in your yard yet? For the past week Mule Deer have been stopping by my yard and letting me watch them. Nothing beats fresh mountain air.. nothing.

• Thanks for the well wishes ya'll....

Guess I need to post some pictures of where I'm at. There has been a bull moose spending a few days on the farm and down the street a herd of elk. Not far from us mountain lion tracks were spotted and we're close to Yellowstone and some of the surrounding towns have had problems with bears. So one has to stay alert. There are a lot of skunks too...Once Rhett heard something outside at night and about tripped over one...That would not have been pleasant...:vomit:

The town I'm in is called Saint Anthony, although we're outside of the city limits, we're close enough to the one stop light town that it's close to the one grocery store. The sand dunes are about 12 miles from us... Rexburg is about 10 minutes away, so I still have my Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and other retailers. There's a secluded waterfall close where one can swim...

The sunsets are breathtaking with red and golden skys as the sun sinks behind the mountains. And this snowbunny is out in her socks and tee shirt in 10 degree weather walking in the snow....:stunned:

Rhett and his brother are Duke fans so I am in excellent company. My collection of movies are still in Texas so I've been building a new collection here. Can't live with out my main man....

Don't fear, I am not going to forget all of you here....This place is still one of my sweet addicitions.

I was disappointed that neither, I, nor one of my friends here didn't win the Duke saddle....:cry2:
    That guy in Missouri is one lucky bloke....:glare:

I'm so anxious for things to start blooming...I plan to go horseback riding around the Teton's. And I am thinking about bringing my daughter up to go with me as she loves horses like I do and we had planned to do this together on one of her vacations. Who knows, maybe we'll meet an old cowboy named Duke on the trail....

It was good to hear from all of my buddies here again...Glad you didn't forget me...:wink_smile:

Love Ya,

Cindy

• Princess Cindy---ahhh that rolls nicely off of the tongue ;-)) Glad to hear that your having a great time and have beautiful scenery. It must be what Texas (the part that were from) wants to look like. ;-))

Anyway, lookin- forward to seeing pics and all. Also, if allowed, some of us NEEEEEEED a telephone number of where your living at. ;-))

• I was just gonna say, watch out for the Mountain Lions because they have been coming closer and closer to the inner cities as it is.
    I envy you with that waterfall nearby, you sound like you have a beautiful home. I actually went outside in my P.J.'s to track down the deer that were in my neighborhood, it a dumb thing to do, but when I see wildlife I lose common sense and I have to try and get close to it.

• I just realized that you're in Pocatello, Brannigan. I've driven through your neck of the woods a couple of times when I drove up from my friends place in Orem.

Carl, so you neeeed my phone number, eh? :hyper:

Now let me see if I can add some pictures here...Brannigan already knows how beautiful Idaho is...So I'll attempt this for the rest of you....:wink_smile:

Darnit! the pics are too big....:glare:

Brannigan, do you have some of Idaho that you can share?

I will just have to send some hard copies to you Carl...I need your address again so email it to me, please.

• Hi Cindy, phone number--yes, and addy too-so I can send you a DvD or two (John Wayne ;-D

PM sent as soon as I finish typing here ;-D

• hi cindy

if thats the view from your front door wow wee what a sight to wake up to every day, and what a cute little house all covered in snow is that how much snow you got this year

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"