Anyone feel the earthquake??

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,191 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I heard on the news this morning that there was a significant earthquake in Illinois (5.4 on the Richter scale), that was felt in seven states.

I know we have quite a few members in that area. Did any of you feel it? Were you close enough to witness or suffer any damage?

I'm hoping you are all OK, and just a little shaken up (if you'll pardon the pun :wink_smile: ).

Coming from "earthquake country" I can tell you that 5.4 is a pretty good-sized temblor.

Chester :newyear:

• We just had a puny earthquake last week about 50 miles southeast of San Antonio of 3.7 on the Richter scale. We're not in earthquake country but the pundits say we get about 20 small quakes a century in these parts.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• must have been quite a shock for all the folks in the Uk in Feb.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• We just had a puny earthquake last week about 50 miles southeast of San Antonio of 3.7 on the Richter scale. We're not in earthquake country but the pundits say we get about 20 small quakes a century in these parts.

Jay, I had heard about that and I had wondered if any Texas members had felt it. I don't think we've ever had one here. Hope the ones in Illinois are okay.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I spent almost four years back in the mid to late Fifties as a sailor in an attack squadron stationed at NAS (now MCAS) Miramar near San Diego, California. That part of the country is known for frequent earth tremors. I'll never forgot the first time I experienced one.

Our squadron often traveled to the Naval Air Station near El Centro for practice on a nearby bombing and gunnery range. One day some buddies and I were taking a break in the shade of a building which had a flagpole beside it. I was laying on my back in the grass looking up. I suddenly noticed the top of the flagpole was whipping violently back and forth. I pointed out the strange (to me) phenomenon to a friend sitting beside me. Nonchalantly, he said, "Aw, that's just another earthquake".

Well, since that was my first experience with a quake, I wasn't nearly as calm about the event as he was. I didn't panic or even get scared but it kinda shook me. Literally........:uhoh:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Jay, I had heard about that and I had wondered if any Texas members had felt it. I don't think we've ever had one here. Hope the ones in Illinois are okay.

Me too! gt - I didn't even know there was an earthquake in my area until the news had the information!

"Not hardly!!!"

• Sorry so late to this topic but, to answer GT's q/ nope, didn't feel a thing here, and where it hit was about 50 miles away. Now the last "real" Earthquake my area felt was probably 40 or so years ago. If your coming into Corpus Christi, not via I-37 or HWY 77, you will travel across the faultline if going from Calallen/Annaville-to-Corpus Christi, via HWY 44 and more noticeably via Leopard Street heading into town (Corpus Christi) Anyway, on Leopard Street, you have a several foot rise-which is East in the road and surrounding countryside-because of said quake. Now if your traveling West on Leopard-heading away from Corpus Christi towards Annaville, you do not experiance the drop when driving down Leopard Street--even though only a few yards of ditch seperates east/west traffic.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..