Question

There are 23 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,321 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hondo,

I didn't intend to split hairs. I'm sorry if it seemed that way.

But in the joint venture search at IMDb, even taking into account all possible occupations, those three actors only had the three above mentioned movies in common. I would have thought they had more than that, too.

John Wayne and Ben Johnson had 8 appearances together (that does not include 2 posthumous joint "appearances" (both after JW's death, one after Johnson's death). That number only goes up by one, when you throw in Fort Apache.

John Wayne and Ward Bond show 22 joint acting ventures, and the 23rd joint venture, a movie called China Doll, lists the Duke as an uncredited producer.

Ben Johnson and Ward Bond worked together in no more than 4 movies.

I guess I've kicked that dead horse "deader than a beaver hat."

:)

Chester

• Yea Chester, :stunned:

I thought that they would have done more together, but I bet when Ward Bond died back in 1960, it opened a lot of doors for many people including Ben Johnson. It seems that he did more movies with Duke after 1960. Whatcha think? <_<

Just having fun with you my firned, I split hairs at times, just ask robbie, and speaking of robbie, doesn't he split hairs a lot? lol :lol: Just having fun with you robbie. No need to get offended, we stay on our toes with split hairs. :rolleyes:

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Missed that post Chester.

YUK, not the old toupee' :headbonk:

Let's not split the hairs from Duke, he doesn't have that many. :lol: :lol:

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote