There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,911 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• to all those affected by the big blackout keep your chins up and your fridges closed it will soon be sorted out hang in there just heard about it on the news. know what its like .

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Wasn't that something? It went clear up to Canada and down to Pennsylvania and clear over to Ohio. At first I heard it was a lightning strike near the Niagra Power plant but the National Weather Service stated the closest strike was in Maryland (my state). I hope they figure out the problem and fix it so it doesn't happen again and not waste the time pointing fingers at each other (They are already blaming Congress for vetoing a bill that would have updated the power grids). dukefan1

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• HELLO :rolleyes:
    It's always easier to blame someone else than to take charge and fix it :unsure: I guess I would not be good in politics B) Or any type of corporate leader :rolleyes:

Monique ;)

• When I first heard of it, my first thoughts were of my family, who live near NYC. All is fine with them.

Second thoughts were to wonder how many of our number here were affected. Of those whose locations I sort of know, dukefan1 was the closest.

Third thoughts were to remember how many times our power goes out here where we live. We're in a semi-rural area about 65 miles south of San Francisco, lots of big trees around here. When the winds blow in a bad storm in the winter, it is not uncommon for power to go. But we live in a fairly temperate climate, so even in winter it's not horrible, and we have a wood burning stove/fireplace, and a gas water heater, so we still can be warm and cook and break out the camp lanterns, and wash dishes and shower by candle light. But in harsher climates, it would be frightening and life threatening.

Mrs. Chester