"Shooting Sundown" opening this Friday

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,097 times. The latest Post () was by CHANCE.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Good Luck and I wish you all the best with the show, ZS_Maverick. I hope you have a smashing hit on your hands.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• My thanks for investing time and energy raising the profile of the old West. Hope the experience is satisfying for you Murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hi all,

Maverick, Haa.....
    "The smell of the crowd.....
    The roar of the grease paint"

I hope the show is a great success.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Hey Chester,

It went great. We didn't get the audience we wanted, there was not the advertising that usually goes with these productions, but the crowd that did show up liked it. We talked with the crowd after the shows, and they gave the best reviews like, "this was so witty", "I had a lot of fun", and "I love all the one liners in this!", etc. As I say, it didn't get the media coverage of the shows that this company put on in the past, so if there were reviews, they were in the Bonham, Texas paper, and I didn't see them.

We ran seven shows in all and out of that we have two dead nights where we heard nothing but the crickets chirping, and the last Sunday matinee show was fair...we were all tired, and ready for it to be over! But the other four shows, especially the opening night and the final Saturday night we had a good crowd who laughed in all the right places. It was the most fun I've had in a long time! I watched a recording of it at the cast party, and I was probably the weakest actor in the bunch! (I'm a comedian not an actor! When the audience laughed at my lines, I wanted to break character and laugh with them). But it was fun! Hope to do it again sometime!

• Hey, did anybody put the video on YouTube?? Can we watch it?? It sounds great, and I'm sorry we didn't have opportunity to see it live.

We're happy for you, that it went so well!

Congratulations!

In looking more closely at the poster, I see Zane E. Productions - is that meant to imply 'zany'? Very clever! So you are a comedy writer, eh?

Chester :newyear: