Take Me Back to the Sixties

There are 17 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,243 times. The latest Post () was by badger.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thanks Jim,
    As someone, who thrived during the sixties,
    and from a professional stand,
    still very much involved in that era,
    I enjoyed that insight to the US way of life at that time.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Love the music, love the cars, love the styles of that era. I know I wasn't around then, (well, biologically I was), but a lot of the things I enjoy are the music and the movies of the 60's era. A lot of my dvd collections are the 60's tv shows, not to mention some of the music that I enjoy. Just watching this video makes me realize just how much has changed since then. I may have been born about a decade too late. :glare:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Man, that was like...groooovy baby!

Great video. Loved the music. The cars were great. Just couldn't afford to keep gas in them today. lol

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi Jim
    60's was a golden age also in Japan.
    As for economic,It was a high-growth period
    called Japanese post -war economic miracle.
    and i was a student in this era,memories are especially deep.
    thanks interesting site.

regards,
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• I guess it's all in one's perspective. My favorite decade, by far, was the Fifties, which I refer to as the "Golden Decade". Speaking for myself, I wish I could totally erase the Sixties from my memory.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hello Stumpy
    I might only feel the age when vernal years of
    about 20 years old were spent well.
    For me, 60's was certainly golden age.

H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I will go with the 1950s myself, but the 1960s were great also, because that was when I got back into Aviation and started to Fly The Rich and Famous for the Hearst Corp. !
    :angel:

Chilibill
    :cowboy:
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

• What I loved about the sixties is I was in my teens and early twentys and my hair grew out of the top of my head not out my ears and nose.
    PS thanks Jim for a walk down memory lane.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• For British Invasion Music I expected to see Cliff Richard and the Shadows. Does anyone else remember his song like Summer Holiday or the movie it came from?

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Jim - a great tour through memory lane! I graduated from high school in 1960 so that period is well-etched in my subconscious. This little outing just brought memories to the fore. Thank you so much!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• i was a (small) child in the 60s - what i remember is this
    aztec bars and spangles esp old english spangles (sadly no longer with us)
    junior showtime, hr puffinstuff, watch with mother, listen with mother, lost in space ( we used to rush home from school for this, ) , wacky races, land of the giants (remember the bubble gum cards?) thunderbirds, joe 90, f troop!!, dr who, casey jones (my favourite ever programme, skippy, flipper, and who can forget sunday aftenoons with the golden shot.... bernie the bolt.....
    and that was after the big western on a sunday afternoon, after the pots had been cleared .... hopefully john wayne but any western was good... that was in the days when we didn t all have tvs and computers in our rooms
    proper school dinners and woe betide you if you left anything on your plate, caps and bere s (for the girls) and sock garters for the boys....
    fab ice lollies, funny face s, hearts, beatles bubble gum, black jacks and fruit salads, sherbert straws... the monkeys, beatles, hermans hermits, scaffold, (lilly the pink) for years one of our car songs, rolf harris singing "two little boys", plastic cowboys and indians that my brother used to collect, snake belts, (also worn by my brother), family favourites on a saturday morning, england winning the world cup, (we were good then), batman and robin, beano, dandy, tv comic, treasure, twinkle and bimbo
    anyone remember any of these or anything else......
    what a good decade the 60s was

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• Thanks Chester for posting that video. It brought back some very good memories.
    I miss the 60's, maybe I'm odd but I enjoyed that decade.

I can't play 60's music if my Wife has anything to drink, she hates the music and gets grumpy. She younger, 70's brat.

The muscle cars, wow how many of those models did I build and rebuild.

LBJ, I felt it was the news media not the war that broke him. He saw what happened during WWII and knew the carnage of war. imho.

Chubby Checker lived only 20 miles from were I grew up and my Father delivered heating oil to his house. He was easy to talk too.

• As a child of the sixties I have to say it would be my favourite. Some great movies and songs. Whilst it was a time of change and troubles a lot of inspiring changes happened in that decade that made the ones that came after look tame.

• I much prefer the Fifties and early Sixties as I liked Cliff Richard and the Shadows. I used to go to the I's club in Soho when they were playing. Cliff's films were "Expresso Bongo", "The Young Ones" and "Summer Holiday". I have the videos of them and still enjoy watching them. I still think that The Shadows were better than the Beatles and cannot understand why they couldn't crack the US market. The music is still great.
    Regards
    Redcap

RACMP - For the troops With the troops

• i think Summer Holiday is always a happy, feelgood film. i remember one summer holiday when i was young, i had a temporary job working for the cliff richard fan club. it just consisted of sending out photographs to fans but i met cliff once and remember how nice he was to me (the lowest of the low there), taking the time to come and meet me and chat - a very nice person

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke