General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,164,848 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I am deeply sadden to learn of the passing of Bonaza star Pernell Roberts. I liked him as Adam Cartwright. He active in Civil Rights era for equality but and indentified liberal but I would his liberalism to far less liberal then what we have in Hollywood today. He served his country in the Marine Corps. Just so sad

• Pernell Roberts was something else. You like him but sometimes you don't and really don't know why. Looking at his filmography, he seem to only do two series Bonanaza (didn't complete that show) and Trapper John M.D. He made a lot and I mean a lot of guest appearances on other shows. Not many movies. His last appearance was in 1997. I think it was his attitude that struck you odd, but I liked his acting.

Apparntely he had cancer, and according to my source his last marriage ended in 1996. However a wife was mentioned that he passed away yesterday (Eleanor Criswell).....

He was 81. RIP Pernell

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Pernell Roberts was something else. You like him but sometimes you don't and really don't know why. Looking at his filmography, he seem to only do two series Bonanza

Pernell Roberts was my least favorite member of the Cartwright family. Hoss and Little Joe were my favorites.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hello Hondo.
    Salinger was a 100% recluse who didn't want his photo published and, as far as I'm aware, never did any promotion for his works. He was completely media shy.

James Earl Jones did a version of him in "Field of Dreams" when Costner's character had to pry him out of his apartment to visit the stadium - "Ease his Pain".

We deal in lead, friend.

• I dn't know how may other members knew it. I just found out today 2/2/10 we lost pernall roberts on jan. 25th.2010 at the age of 81 in california. As a kid i always watched bonanza with my dad. It was a treasure i'll never forget. Ranks right up there with gunsmoke. Take care. Hope to share good news next posting.

That'll Be the Day!

• I dn't know how may other members knew it. I just found out today 2/2/10 we lost pernall roberts on jan. 25th.2010 at the age of 81 in california. As a kid i always watched bonanza with my dad. It was a treasure i'll never forget. Ranks right up there with gunsmoke. Take care. Hope to share good news next posting.

Hi Big Duke,
    We did indeed know about Pernell,
    and I have moved your post across to here,
    where he has been discussed

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Thank you keith, like i said i am new to this but want to be a part of the group. My best

That'll Be the Day!

• Thank you keith, like i said i am new to this but want to be a part of the group. My best

No problem,
    and you are a most welcome in our group.
    Feel free to post as much as you wish,
    and don't worry if we've already discussed it.
    Our board has grown, into many threads,
    and even us Mods, have difficulty remembering,
    old threads and their contents.
    Incidently the 'Search' link is a useful tool.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Frances Reid has never been in a movie with John Wayne. She was in several episodes of Wagon Train. Most of her work was on TV especially soap operas. She had a grand life, but no children.

RIP Frances

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Frances Reid has never been in a movie with John Wayne. She was in several episodes of Wagon Train. Most of her work was on TV especially soap operas. She had a grand life, but no children.

RIP Frances

Rest in Peace Frances. I somehow do recognize her name-though I couldn't tell you what she looked like.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..