General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,160,613 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• She may have had her demons, but her voice was heavenly. I remember the year she sang the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. Was the best rendition I had ever heard. Rest in Peace, Whitney.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Rest in peace, Peter Breck! - Another great cowboy actor has gone to cowboy heaven... Nick Barkley was a wonderful role for him in Big Valley. At the moment Big Valley is released in Germany on DVD and I always enjoy watching it. I think, I will watch some episodes today and have a tear in the corner of my eye for Peter Breck.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Former baseball player Gary Carter has died at 57 after fighting brain cancer for the last few years. He played for the old Montreal Expos and NY Mets during a stellar career. Won himself a World Series with the Mets back in either 86 or 87, can't remember which year. RIP Gary.

• I missed a lot here, but I wasn't aware of the Peter Breck's passing. He had a good long life, and I did enjoy him on "The Big Valley." And want to pass my condolence to Whitney Houston as well. Too young to die. I grew up watching Gary Carter in my teens. He was really a great baseball player. I didn't know that he was only 7 years older than I was. I thought he was a lot older. But regarded him as a great player and a big plus for the sport. R.I.P. to all.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Rest in Peace Davy.

Also: Conservative: Andrew Breitbart passed away today at 43.

Rest in Peace Andrew.

I was shocked to hear about Andrew Breitbart. He was only 43! It's kind of scary when someone so much younger than me passes away. I have long enjoyed listening to him, watching him and reading his articles. He will be sorely missed. I was also saddened to hear about Davy Jones. Not that I was a big fan of his (that would have been my little sister), but he was a cultural icon from my much younger days, that is now gone, and that is always a shocker.

Rest in Peace, Andrew and Davy

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• I was shocked to hear about Andrew Breitbart. He was only 43! It's kind of scary when someone so much younger than me passes away. I have long enjoyed listening to him, watching him and reading his articles. He will be sorely missed. I was also saddened to hear about Davy Jones. Not that I was a big fan of his (that would have been my little sister), but he was a cultural icon from my much younger days, that is now gone, and that is always a shocker.

Rest in Peace, Andrew and Davy

Hi Bob, same here. I just saw him in something about a week ago or maybe 10 days? Im about to turn 45, and it is something to really think about. I enjoyed his well presented reports.

Same here on Davy, I wasnt a fan of he or The Monkees, but you hate to see another talent go too soon.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..