General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,169,358 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I couldn't get this site to load up on me for the past some weeks-or i'd have had the sad duty to report the passing of two of Britains WWI vets. Henry Allingham and Harry Patch :-(( Also, I would have reported we losing a Medal of Honor Recipient, and just yesterday, one of the last living WWII Russian Generals how also was a Hero of the Soviet Union recipient :-(( The WWII croud are going way too fast these days :(

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• RIP Patrick Swayze! I saw some pictures of him recently, and he looked so bad. He suffered a long time, and now he is no longer suffering. He didn't do a great deal of good pictures, but he was entertaining. I guess his trademark would be Dirty Dancing. But he did do some like Point Break, Black Dog, Ghost, Red Dawn, Steel Dawn, Next of Kin, To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar, Father Hood, and others. He also did the miniseries North & South.

He was 57 years old.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I just heard this sad news too and came here to let you folks know about it but am glad your better informed than I am. Anyway, 57 years just aint enough. Rest in Peace Pat :( you were great in Next of Kin, Road House and Red Dawn etc. At least yiou got to work with Ben Johnson at least once-as well as Harry Dean Stanton.

• am sorry to hear that this man has gone from his family but i know how they feel as this is the cancer that also took my man from me nearly 11 years ago. he fought a good fight but time was against him.

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Sorry I can't think of this mans last name but, Henry ????? of Laugh In fame, died today ;-(( He is easily recognizabl and i've seen him on many TV show episodes and movies. He always reminded my of Soupy Sales.

• Hi JAy, thanks for his last name-I will be missing his comedy as well.

I heard that MAry had passed away. A favorite song of mine when I was kneehigh to a grasshopper was: Puff the Magic Dragon.

• i remember that song but dont know from where, do remember being taught the puff song when i was about 4 yrs old really liked it, to many are going and there is no one to take up the banner.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Just wanted to say that Tulisha Shahan-Wardlaw, daughter of the late Happy and Virginia Shahan, owners of Alamo Village in Texas has died. She wasn't a famous person like some that have been mentioned here but, she was very well known to Alamo buffs and those who love John Waynes The Alamo. For it was her father, Happy, who talked Duke into filming his epic on his ranch back in the 50's. Tulisha had been suffering from cancer and had some kind of surgery but, complications arose and she passed away either Friday or Saturday. Her mother, Virginia, had just passed away three months earlier. I don't Tulishas age but, I believe she was around 60 or so. I've been to Alamo Village three times but, I never got to meet Tulisha but, those who did know here say she was a very friendly, outgoing person with a great sense of humor and when you left you thought you'd known her all your life.

• Just wanted to say that Tulisha Shahan-Wardlaw, daughter of the late Happy and Virginia Shahan, owners of Alamo Village in Texas has died. She wasn't a famous person like some that have been mentioned here but, she was very well known to Alamo buffs and those who love John Waynes The Alamo. For it was her father, Happy, who talked Duke into filming his epic on his ranch back in the 50's. Tulisha had been suffering from cancer and had some kind of surgery but, complications arose and she passed away either Friday or Saturday. Her mother, Virginia, had just passed away three months earlier. I don't Tulishas age but, I believe she was around 60 or so. I've been to Alamo Village three times but, I never got to meet Tulisha but, those who did know here say she was a very friendly, outgoing person with a great sense of humor and when you left you thought you'd known her all your life.

Another link to the Duke lost. RIP Tulisha.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• McHales Navy was a great show, a classic commedy. Tim Conway was born and raised in my home state of Ohio.

:film: " When the legend becomes fact print the legend"