General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,155,570 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I just come by to let you guys know that Arnold Stang has passed away at the age of 91.

http://news.toonzone.net/artic…p.-arnold-stang-1918-2009

Mark Evanier has relayed the unfortunate news that character actor and cartoon voice talent Arnold Stang has died. He was 91.

Stang voiced various characters in a number of classic cartoons, most notably the title character in Top Cat, Herman the Mouse in Herman & Catnip, Catfish in Misterjaw (a segment from The Pink Panther Show), and was the original voice of The Honey Nut Cheerios Bee.

• Stang also did the tv commercials for Chunky candy bar years ago. His catch phrase, "Chunky, what a chunk of chocolate". And he was fantastic in Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World, playing a service station worker who along with his partner, battled Jonathan Winters in trying to keep him locked up and they all end up destroying the service station.

• Connie Hines passed away today. You may not know who she is, but you may remember the TV show Mr. Ed. She played Wilbur's wife on the show. She was 79 years old. RIP Connie.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Ace author Robert B. Parker died yesterday, fittingly enough, at his writing desk. Parker wrote the Spenser detective novels and the Jesse Stone stories which starred Tom Selleck on TV. They were all great but I was really looking forward to many more of his western series starting with Appaloosa. The movie starred Ed Harris and Viggo Mortenson and was one of the finest westerns in recent years.
    Parker wrote two follow ups - Resolution and Purgatory - about the same characters, Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch, which really shine. Here's hoping they make it to the big screen as well.
    Cheers, Mr. Parker.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Even as a shirtail kid back in the 50's and early 60's, I thought Jean Simmons was hot and she never looked better than in The Big Country and Spartacus. In the latter movie, the scene where she was bathing in the water talking to Spartacus, I kept saying to myself, stand up, please stand up. She was a real dish.

• I just heard. I really liked her in Spartacus, but also The Grass is Always Greener with Cary Grant, Elmer Gantry with Burt Lancaster, and The Robe with Richard Burton. She did some miniseries like North and South, and Thron Birds. And she appeared in Star Trek; The Next Generation. I thought she was an awesome actress and loved her eyes. I'll have to see The Big Country; haven't seen that movie, yet.

I didn't know she was married to Stewart Granger. RIP; Jean Simmons.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Yes, Granger threatened her with a gun due to her affair with Burton while filming The Robe.

That was some grudge, don't you think? Since The Robe was released back in 1953, and they divorced in 1960 after they married in 1950. Come on, you made that up. I don't know the reason for the divorce, but I hardly doubt it was because of that.

- John Wayne quote

• That was some grudge, don't you think? Since The Robe was released back in 1953, and they divorced in 1960 after they married in 1950. Come on, you made that up. I don't know the reason for the divorce, but I hardly doubt it was because of that.

The Robe was being filmed early in 1953. Burton made some critical remarks about McCarthy and the HUAC. Some people believe this may have prevented him from ever winning an Oscar.

• Yes, Granger threatened her with a gun due to her affair with Burton while filming The Robe.

You seem to be or so you think your very knowleddgeable. But reading your post at times is very excruciating. Are you related to Cole Thornton?

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''