What was the last book you read or are currently reading?

There are 134 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 31,020 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'm reading two books right now. They are interesting books. Mark R. Levin's Liberty & Tyranny, and How the States got their Shapes by Mark Stein. I highly recommend both books.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Finished Kursk and now im reading Ostfront. I forget the name of its author but, it's not just a one battle book, but about the whole, War in the East Years.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I've been reading several books about the war in Iraq, military strategy and military leaders. Currently, I'm reading "The Fourth Star" excellent mini-biographies about four of the U.S. Army's most prominent generals, including George Casey Jr, whose father died in a helicopter crash in Vietnam and who's now the Army's Chief of Staff; John Abizaid, Peter Chiarelli and David Petraeus, currently the CENTCOM commander overseeing operations in both Afghanistan and Iraq. I just finished "No True Glory" and "The Strongest Tribe", both of which related the struggle by U.S. Marines to defeat the Sunni insurgency in Iraq.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• The Big Show: high times and dirty dealings the Academy Awards.

Funny - I used to kinda enjoy watching Oscar night when Bob Hope was the Master of Ceremonies but anymore, I don't go to the movies because I think about 98% of 'em are garbage and the Academy Awards have become a circus dedicated, for the most part, to left-wing politics and those crappy movies.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Funny - I used to kinda enjoy watching Oscar night when Bob Hope was the Master of Ceremonies but anymore, I don't go to the movies because I think about 98% of 'em are garbage and the Academy Awards have become a circus dedicated, for the most part, to left-wing politics and those crappy movies.

Unfortunately I never got to see those Oscar's when Hope was host, but I don't really care for whole thing myself I just love the backstage going-ons. And as for your assessment of the movies being garbage I have to agree, and Hollywood uses oscars to push it's leftist agenda.

• Funny - I used to kinda enjoy watching Oscar night when Bob Hope was the Master of Ceremonies. But anymore, I don't go to the movies because I think about 98% of 'em are garbage and the Academy Awards have become a circus dedicated, for the most part, to left-wing politics and those crappy movies.

I'm beginning to think I must have really been born in Texas, not California, like my birth certificate sez.

Chester :newyear:

Sorry for going off topic. :wink_smile:

• My son, Christopher, is an avid reader. I remembered a book I read when I was about his age, 14, and we checked it out of the library.
    Trustee from the Toolroom, by Nevil Shute is the book. We plan on reading it together, so, it should be fun.

I was just wondering if any of our friends from 'across the pond' have read this book, or others by the same author? He is a Brit, and also wrote On the Beach, a rather popular book.

• I was just wondering if any of our friends from 'across the pond' have read this book, or others by the same author? He is a Brit, and also wrote On the Beach, a rather popular book.

Jim and Jim,
    Many years ago, I used to read his books,
    but alas, I don't seem to find the time any longer.
    He was quite popular a few years back,
    but must admit to not seeing many reading them now!

You might both be interested to know, that Torquay of course is
    the birthplace of
    Agatha Christie

Her father was an American from New York

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England