What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 175,226 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The beans are back in the can. Can't wait to hear how you guys like Drums.
    Took advantage of Amazon on line sales again and upgraded some titles to blue ray - Cool Hand Luke, Aliens, To Kill a Mockingbird, Little Shop of Horrors and Twilight's Last Gleaming. Also got Mel's Get the Gringo.
    Going to be busy real soon.

We deal in lead, friend.

Cool hand Luke on blu ray is a good'un!
    I have to kill an mockingbird but haven't watched it yet so to sure of the transfer.

Let us know how you get on!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Albuquerque
    Whispering Smith
    Duel at Silver Creek, The
    War Arrow
    Across the Wide Missouri
    Nevadan, The
    Colorado Territory
    Trooper Hook
    Cattle Drive
    Stranger on Horseback
    Fort Massacre
    Pony Express
    Rage at Dawn
    Buffalo Stampede
    Wagon Wheels
    Abilene Town
    Fighting Westerner, The
    To the Last Man

I also bought a boxed set of Randolph Scott with about 6 films but it hasn't arrived yet.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Edited once, last by Stumpy ().

• That's a mighty fine list, plenty of Randolph Scott and Joel McRae in there too! Be interested to know what trooper hook is like as that's one I've been toying with but never seen. The Warner archives Randolph Scott box set is worth waiting for!
    Enjoy!

• Red Sun
    Vera Cruz
    Apache

I'm on a Bronson high at the moment and those are titles I didn't have in my Bronson library.

Great choices especially Vera Cruz. Also, if you like early Bronson--this one is on DvD and a great movie: Master of the World which also has Vincent Price. Another one Bronson was great in but for the life of me--not yet released is: Target Zero. He is an Easy Company Platoon Sergeant out with his Lieutenant (Richard Conte) out on patrol somewhere in Korea. L.Q. Jones is a hoot in it. Notables also in it is Chuck Connors and Peggy Castle.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Red Sun
    Vera Cruz
    Apache

I'm on a Bronson high at the moment and those are titles I didn't have in my Bronson library.

Vera cruz in on blu ray now, I still haven't opened mine so can't tell you if it's a good transfer!

Chato's Land really needs the blu ray treatment, that's a top Bronson movie.

• "Brave" for my three grand daughters and two grandsons. Caught the first few minutes with all the tumult, and it looked just like Mel Gibson's "Braveheart". Sort of like to see a bit more of it, but it was like watching it with Gremlins.

We deal in lead, friend.

• The Bond collection, the one with all the movies in Blu-ray. There was a one-day special discount at Amazon that was so low hubby and I couldn't resist. One thing I love about this set -- there is a place in it for a future Skyfall Blu-ray.

By the way, I loved Skyfall -- saw it twice. :) Rich (the hubby) loved it too. ;)

• The Bond collection, the one with all the movies in Blu-ray. There was a one-day special discount at Amazon that was so low hubby and I couldn't resist. One thing I love about this set -- there is a place in it for a future Skyfall Blu-ray.

By the way, I loved Skyfall -- saw it twice. :) Rich (the hubby) loved it too. ;)

Cool about the extra space, I've already pre-ordered Skyfall so good to know when I get round to the boxset; hopefully the UK one will be the same.
    Was hoping they would do the same sort of offer here on Amazon but we only second rate films reduced or they we only reduced by 10%, lol!

I too really enjoyed Skyfall, one of the best Bond films I've seen in a very long time: saw it twice too!

• The Barbarian and the Geisha. I didnt buy it but found it by accident in a box that someone had sent to me sometime ago--but the box didnt have the label on it so I could see who sent it to me? but I THINK I know who did? BILL!!!! ;-)) and thanks. I had never seen it before and really enjoyed it.

• Scored a great deal on these and some are going to family for Christmas:

Night At the Museum.

knights of the Round Table w/ Robert Taylor.

Frisco Kid w/ James Francis Cagney.

Fort Dobbs w/ Clint Walker.

Doughboys w/ Buster Keaton.

Berlin Express w/ Robert Ryan.

One Minute To Zero w/ Robert Mitchum, Richard Egan and Charles McGraw.

Have seen only parts to Knights, Express and Zero--never seen the others so hope they arent a huge waste of money.

• The Bourne Legacy. I just love the Bourne flics, and this one didn't disappoint.

Mark

Agreed Mark, I watched it on Sunday and really enjoyed it.
    It got some bad press but really can't see why, I thought it was a worthy addition to the series.