Books on Duke- Past Discussion (Archive)

There are 467 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 221,584 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• En Espagnol

JOHN WAYNE
    El vaquero que conquistó Hollywood
    PARTE I (1907-1955)
    Edition 2007 - 504 pages

JOHN WAYNE
    El vaquero que conquistó Hollywood
    PARTE II (1956-1979)
    Edition 2007 - 472 pages

• Didn't see this posted here anywhere so I'm posting it now.

• Thanks to Kevin and Duke Pilgrim,
    I have now entered this fantastic new book
    in our thread
    Duke's Books.

JOHN WAYNE: THE LEGEND AND THE MAN [Hardcover]
    The Estate of John Wayne (Author)
    Combining never-before-seen photographs culled from the family's vast personal archives
    with images from some of John Wayne's 175 feature films,
    JOHN WAYNE: THE LEGEND AND THE MAN will celebrate the qualities John Wayne embodied.
    Comments from family members, friends and co-stars will recount first-hand examples
    of John Wayne's loyalty, honesty, dependability and courage.
    Personifying the American spirit,
    John Wayne was, and continues to be, a true Hollywood icon.

An Exclusive Look Inside Duke’s Archive
    by John Wayne Enterprises
    Essay by Patricia Bosworth
    Introduction by Martin Scorsese
    With contributions by Ron Howard, Ronald Reagan, and Maureen O’Hara
    Commentary by John Wayne’s family, including: Pilar Wayne, Patrick Wayne, Melinda Wayne Munoz, Ethan Wayne, and Marisa Wayne.

Published in conjunction with John Wayne Enterprises

9.25 x 12.25 inches
    272 pages
    over 225 full-color and black-and-white photographs
    978-1-57687-590-2

JOHN WAYNE: THE LEGEND AND THE MAN

Didn't see this posted here anywhere so I'm posting it now.
    Didn't see this posted here anywhere so I'm posting it now.

Amazon have the hardback cover on sale in November

https://www.amazon.co.uk/John-…F8&qid=1313232694&sr=1-12

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 4 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• http://tinyurl.com/698zxnr This URL will take you to Amazon to preorder the
    new John Wayne book to come out in May? of 2012. It costs about $30 and is authored by the Estate of John Wayne.
    I hope this isn't inappropriate, I want it and thought others might like to preorder also.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• http://tinyurl.com/698zxnr This URL will take you to Amazon to preorder the
    new John Wayne book to come out in May? of 2012. It costs about $30 and is authored by the Estate of John Wayne.
    I hope this isn't inappropriate, I want it and thought others might like to preorder also.

I have moved this from another thread
    as we already have this information.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Cette bande dessinée est vraiment un document exceptionnel.

Bravo lasbugas pour avoir découvert ce trésor !

Unconditional's Maureen O'Hara !
    French-English translation: poor !!!
    :blush:

• A friend just gave me a John Wayne book of his films. Nice book I have a magazine that was printed in the 70's that has a listing and synopsis of all his films with pics this adds to it. Mark Ricci and two other authors wrote the book.

• I have 2 copies of that book. One was published in the early 70's and only covered up to Rio Lobo. My other copy is a newer addition and contains all his films. A good book to have.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• A friend just gave me a John Wayne book of his films. Nice book I have a magazine that was printed in the 70's that has a listing and synopsis of all his films with pics this adds to it. Mark Ricci and two other authors wrote the book.

Jh, yes it is a good book, mine is now falling apart
    but I still use it as a good reference point, for this forum.

Here is our dedicated thread on
    Duke's Books

THE COMPLETE FILMS OF JOHN WAYNE, by Zmiewsky and Ricci
    First edition done in 1970, when the True Grit Oscar brought a new interest to JW’s career, next edition (as “The COMPLETE Films of…”) came after his death. Probably the first time somebody took the time to count the films and assemble stills to each and every one of them. Still considered to be the definite list – although in the meantime many silent films in which JW participated, sometimes as a crowd extra – aren’t mentioned here.
    If you are looking for John Wayne films this is the book to have. It tells what the film is about, who also starred in and what year it was made. It also has plenty of photos to help you recognize what movie it is and if it is the one you are looking for. The book has some interesting facts about some of the movies

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• The Complete Films of John Wayne by Mark Ricci is probably one of the best John Wayne filmography books available, and I think second only to Fred Landesman's "John Wayne Filmography" book. Both are indispensable when researching John Wayne's career.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• The Complete Films of John Wayne by Mark Ricci is probably one of the best John Wayne filmography books available, and I think second only to Fred Landesman's "John Wayne Filmography" book. Both are indispensable when researching John Wayne's career.

A fun companion book to those is Allan Eyles' "John Wayne and the Movies".

• So looking forward to this book being published by the estate of JW. I have high hopes that we will get a rare insight into the Big fellow, and see photo's that have not been seen before. Perhaps an opportunity to also answer alot of the garbage that has been written over the years. I don't think it is going to be that kind of book though. What hopes do others have for this book? Does anyone know the date it is to be release, I have various dates but would like a definitive one? Any information or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.