Who Played the Worst Cowboy, and What Was The Worst Western

There are 112 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 33,907 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Chance

Two films spring to mind immediately without even giving it much thought:-

RED GARTERS (1954) with Guy Mitchell, Rosemary Clooney and Jack Carson it was so bad it was funny.

But the worst of all
    THE OKLAHOMA KID (1939) wITH JAMES cAGNEY AND HUMPHREY BOGART
    That film was just bad

Regards
    Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I must come to the rescue of Robin Hood: Flynn did so well in Raoul Walsh's "They Died With Their Boots On". And "San Antonio" I gotta like because it has such a great Alamo replica. ;)

• You know Robbie, as much as I like Clint in alot of movies, I was thinking of that one as well. It just seems like it was too "out there" at times, ie wierd.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Billy the Kid versus Dracula (1966)
    Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter (1966)
    God's Gun (1975)
    Trigger Fast (1994)
    Wild Wild West (1999)

These are pretty bad. You figure. I saw 4 of them, and was told that other was the worst. I'm sure this could be a close contest as the biggest waste of film made.

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I have to agree with you guys. I don't really care for the spagetti westerns that Clint Eastwood made. I also don't like many of the really old black and white westerns. They are sooooo corny. I know this will make me the minority, and I know they were the start of westerns, I just think a lot of them are silly.

stacy

Originally posted by itdo@Jan 10 2004, 10:00 AM
    Flynn did so well in Raoul Walsh's "They Died With Their Boots On".

itdo,

We gotta agree with you on that one! After seeing and immensely enjoying Robin Hood, we stumbled upon They Died with Their Boots On at the video store, and were very pleased. CHANCE, have you actually seen that movie? I haven't seen any other Errol Flynn westerns, so can't comment there.

One that stands out in my mind as BAD was The Tall T, with Randolph Scott. What a stinker! <_<

Chester :newyear:

• Hi Chester i have seen this movie and thought it quite good but i didnb't class it as a classic western it was mainly his roles in western such as DODGE CITY,SANTA FE TRAIL and others :stunned:

"COME SEE A FAT OLD MAN SOMETIME"

• :cowboy: The reason I ask this is because, the one I think should take the cake for the lousiest ever made was played on TCM last night and was called: White Comanchie w/ William Shatner as twins--one of which was the White Comanchie.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• :cowboy: Hi Robbie, good choices there as well. White Comanchie must have been on an extremely low budget. They filmed in Spain which I guess was OK but they did not put much mney into props etc.

William Shatner was on hiatus from doing the Star Trek TV series when he made this film. His performance was easily not as well done as his acting was in Star Trek. Also, the dubbing was lousy as well as the editing and continuity. Normally I do not pay attention to such things as that but when even I can notice the flubs that this movie was made up of, I have to draw the line.

It's no wonder that that movie was often touted as being rarely seen. Oh well, I thought i'd give watching it a chance. I did and I regretted it. :headbonk::dead:

I made it up by watching Arrowhead again. :D

• McKenna's Gold starring Gregory Peck. Peck did a great job of acting but it had a terrible story line to it i thought.

Originally posted by InHarmsWay@Jan 30 2005, 10:20 AM
    McKenna's Gold starring Gregory Peck. Peck did a great job of acting but it had a terrible story line to it i thought.

[snapback]14113[/snapback]

It's true that the film "McKenna's Gold" wasn't a very good movie but the story itself is fascinating. I have a book titled "Coronado"s Children" by J. Frank Dobie which recounts legends and tales of lost mines and buried treasures in the old West. McKenna's Gold is in that book and supposedly is about a lost canyon of gold somewhere in northwest New Mexico. Really a fascinating story. I'm kind of a romantic and when I was much younger, daydreamed of going to look for some of those lost gold mines.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Originally posted by Stumpy@Jan 30 2005, 02:54 PM
    It's true that the film "McKenna's Gold" wasn't a very good movie but the story itself is fascinating. I have a book titled "Coronado"s Children" by J. Frank Dobie which recounts legends and tales of lost mines and buried treasures in the old West. McKenna's Gold is in that book and supposedly is about a lost canyon of gold somewhere in northwest New Mexico. Really a fascinating story. I'm kind of a romantic and when I was much younger, daydreamed of going to look for some of those lost gold mines.

After thinking about it for awhile, I decided I'd made a mistake in my reference to "McKenna's Gold", so I did some research. The actual name for the lost canyon of gold (upon which the movie was based) was "The Lost Adams Diggings" and it wasn't in Dobie's book "Coronado's Children" but in his similar book "Apache Gold and Yacqui Silver". This gives some of the background concerning the "Lost Adams Diggings".

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Since you said "watched " ...........I couldn't make it thru White Comanche, I'll name this one...... Lust in the Dust with Tab Hunter
    IMdb

Rick

SASS 39065 Life
    BOLD 114

• :cowboy: Hi Stumpy, Phantom/Rick.

Phantom, I have heard of those movies before but never have seen them. I do see what you mean though by just the movie titles saying it all.

Rick, I have heard the title you poeted but never saw this one either. I read some reviews on it and will never watch this movie. Devine--why is that name familiar??????? Wasn't that person a cross-dresser or something?

• You know, I put a lot of thought in this question, and in my mind listed bad westerns. I know that this is movies I've seen, and most that were listed, I haven't seen. But one that keeps crossing my mind has to be Western World with Yul Brynner. That has to be the wrost movie I've ever seen, and Brynner doing it surprises me so much, but you know that it happens.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote