The 2012 John Wayne Top 25 Movies discussion

There are 17 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,110 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• It has been suggested that I put on a poll here on the message board to get a top 25 for 2012. I have put these polls together in the past until the last couple of years. Some complained about having it when there was no reason to have one. I don't mind having one since we do have new members here that we not here back in February 2010.

What I'd like to ask you is if this current group of people are interested in having one. I plan to place it here on July 1, 2012 through July 31, 2012. You have an opportunity to rank your favorite movies from 1 to 25. And when this is over, I will get a rank on this message board and display this asap. Tell me your opinions of this, and I will decide upon your opinions here.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Sounds good to me. My own opinions are subject to change - if I revisit a Duke film that I haven't seen in a few years, like "Barbarian and the Geisha" or if it's presented in a better format, like "Hondo".
    Sometimes life experiences make you appreciate one movie more than it used to, so I doubt that my list would be exactly the same as it was two years ago.
    Looking forward to it.

We deal in lead, friend.

• I don't remember anyone complaining,
    but there you are, some people complain at anything.
    I guess however once your top 25 is chosen,
    then it isn't going to change very much from year to year,
    and from what I could see, some members just copied
    the same list from previous polls.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Go for it!
    I'm always compiling lists and as I watch more of the Duke's films my list does change, but only in the top ten. Any reason why it's a top 25?

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Go for it!
    I'm always compiling lists and as I watch more of the Duke's films my list does change, but only in the top ten. Any reason why it's a top 25?

My guess for so many is because its virtually impossible to have ONLY ten top favorites of Dukes movies. My lists change depending on how I feel. However, movies like: Stagecoash, Fort Apache, Rio Grande, Hondo, Allegheny Uprising, Sands of Iwo Jima, Rio Lobo, Big Jake, The Searchers end etc--will always be in at least my top 15 most favorites.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Very true, My top five movies sort of float around with the order changing,
    as Ringo said, on, "how I feel".

Chester :newyear:

And sometimes on what I've watched most recently. This week The Cowboys is on top. Was able to watch it this weekend because the wife was out of town. I don't get to watch it or The Shootist when she's home.

• My guess for so many is because its virtually impossible to have ONLY ten top favorites of Dukes movies. My lists change depending on how I feel. However, movies like: Stagecoash, Fort Apache, Rio Grande, Hondo, Allegheny Uprising, Sands of Iwo Jima, Rio Lobo, Big Jake, The Searchers end etc--will always be in at least my top 15 most favorites.

So it'd be much easier just to do a top 15 then. ;)

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• My guess for so many is because its virtually impossible to have ONLY ten top favorites of Dukes movies. My lists change depending on how I feel. However, movies like: Stagecoash, Fort Apache, Rio Grande, Hondo, Allegheny Uprising, Sands of Iwo Jima, Rio Lobo, Big Jake, The Searchers end etc--will always be in at least my top 15 most favorites.

Carl - that's the way my boat floats also. It's like shifting sands as far as relative position of favorites in a list like that, but I'm not opposed to another poll.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Very true, My top five movies sort of float around with the order changing,
    as Ringo said, on, "how I feel".

Chester :newyear:

Definately ditto. I just cant have a top 10 or a top 25. Though several will always be in that top group, but I need to see other there from time-to-time. ;-))

• Carl - that's the way my boat floats also. It's like shifting sands as far as relative position of favorites in a list like that, but I'm not opposed to another poll.

Heh heh, same way with me when it comes to war movies and such.

• Looks like I will be putting together the 2012 John Wayne Movie Poll. I will be stating the rules by the starting date on July 1, 2012. I will be checking in and getting together your selection and give the dukewayne.com's final results after the July 31, 2012 deadline. Thanks for your input and continue on. Love to hear from you about things.

Some of you think that 25 is too much. That's alright. Make your poll what you want. I will take up to 25 on your list and if you want to make yours a top 10, that is fine. There was one year a member who made a poll of 1. It works for me.

I'm flexable! Really!

Rules to follow soon.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote