Just Plain Joes: RIP Service Men & Women

There are 80 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 38,267 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Norman Schwarzkopf was a truely different kind of officer in our Army. Obviously a great combat commander, he also felt he was beyond the regulations he enofced on his formations. Constantly overweight, he routinely discharged others who suffered a similar fate while continuing to have his tailor make him look as good as possible. That was not his only shortcoming that he failed to forgive in others. Gotta love him for what he accomplished but he doesn't shine as brightly as he could do to his failing to meet the standards he enforced on others

• Former S.E.A.L. and our top most scoring Sniper ever--Chris Kyle murdered. Rest in Peace Chris-you did NOT deserve this.

Murdered by this pig:

Rest in Peace Chris:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• So sorry Carl. Not just for Chris, but because of your dedication to all service men both historical and current. You keep us informed when we would not have a clue. And it is something we NEED to be informed about........the people who kept what we had for us, and the ones who still do. The pictures you put up SHOW us that this was a real person, not just a name.

Keep it up, Carl. I know how much time it takes, as you know. BUT, for some of us, it really is important, and we thank you! YF, KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• So sorry Carl. Not just for Chris, but because of your dedication to all service men both historical and current. You keep us informed when we would not have a clue. And it is something we NEED to be informed about........the people who kept what we had for us, and the ones who still do. The pictures you put up SHOW us that this was a real person, not just a name.

Keep it up, Carl. I know how much time it takes, as you know. BUT, for some of us, it really is important, and we thank you! YF, KEITH

Thank you as well Keith, and I plan on doing as much as I can in this area. Im currently doing some volunteering with a Vietnam Vet/Friend or mine who also has PTSD. To say the least--trying to help him sometimes is VERY stressful.

On Chris, when I saw the news--I was so angry and also couldnt believe my eyes on what I read.

The murderous pig--also was arrested a few hours later after running from the Law. I hope they more than throw the book at him. One of Kyles neighbors--was the 2nd man murdered by that pig.

• RIP Chris Kyle

This thread was started by The Tennesseean in recognition of
    service men and women, who have lost their lives.
    I have also,hopefully with his permission,
    edited the thread title, to make this the now dedicated thread.

This thread has been started, in response to posts on other threads about the military, and remembering/honoring them.

It seems fitting therefore that the tragedy of Chris Kyle,
    should be here and not in any 'General' thread.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Doolittle Raider; Major Thomas Griffin passed away at the young age of 96. Few of these gents are left and soon I guess the last one will be doing that final toast :-((

Rest in Peace and go slow Major:

• Rest in Peace Alan, and fo those here--I MIGHT soon be getting in touch with his then--Company Commander-who is a retired USMC Colonel and lives in La Joya, California.

• While researching him for possible contact--just learned he passed away in January. Anyway, im talking about the Gentleman whom the movie and book: The Dirty Dozen--was inspired from. I am talking about James "Jake" McNiece-who was a Sergeant in the 101st Airborne Divisions Pathfinder unit nicknamed: "The Filthy Thirteen."

Rest in Peace Jake.
    http://graphics8.nytimes.com/i…ECE-obit-articleLarge.jpg
    http://graphics8.nytimes.com/i…ECE-obit-articleLarge.jpg