Movie Making

There are 9 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,708 times. The latest Post () was by smokey.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, last night I had a rather unusual experience. As I had just gotten home from work, around dinner time, my son came in and indicated that there were two gentlemen outside wanting to rent my company vehicle (a van with a ladder rack on top).

They were filming a movie about a mile or two from my home and the van that they had hired was nowhere to be found, and they had their whole film crew set up and ready and were so desperate they were willing to pay $100 cash to use my company van as a prop on a movie set :o !

Though tired from work, the $100 sounded like music to my ears and I said, "Let's go!" and I jumped in the van and followed them :D !

When we arrived at the set, it was obvious how much this van was needed, as the sun was setting in the west and 25-30 people were milling around, waiting to get these scenes finished.

The name of the movie is Grave's End. It is a horror movie, with plenty of killing in it. I asked them to please not get any blood on the truck :lol: !. Fortunately, they didn't, although it was plentiful and gushing freely - the more blood, the more excited the producer (James Marlowe) was getting. This guy was really intense and had his eye on everything that was going on around the set - it made me think it must have been that way with John Ford (though he was introduced to me as the producer, he was definitely directing the film).

I had a very interesting chat about John Wayne with the executive producer who was present, and is also a fan of the older classics and not that fond of the newer stuff (even though he is obviously associated with the newer stuff). He is something of a John Wayne fan, and seemed interested in the message board.

They invited my son and me to join them at their buffet dinner when the shoot was finished, which was nice of them. I was impressed with how nice and helpful everyone seemed to be. Plus, that $100 bill was pretty nice too! (I should have held out for $200 :D .)

Chester :newyear:

• hi chester

before you know it they will have your truck up in lights :D . glad that you and your little bloke had a great time by the way did you have to enlarge your doorways so that you could get into your home ;) what with the puffed out chest and the huge head :lol: your getting there first the truck/van then you. ;);)

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

Originally posted by William T Brooks@May 8 2004, 08:01 AM
    Chester; Now that you are a well known PROP. MAN are you still going to talk to US?? :agent: Chilibill :cowboy:

Chilibill,

I guess if a guy who was actually in a movie with John Wayne will talk to us, I will certainly still be hanging around :lol: !

smokey, it wasn't my little bloke who was with me, but the middle son who just turned sixteen, and he is the biggest bloke of them all, at 6'4" and 240 pounds. In fact, it was coincidental that we ended up there, in that he had heard about the filming just that day in his video productions class and had been there that afternoon. The fact that those guys landed on our doorstep was totally unrelated.

That was certainly an interesting day. The same day, I got a package in the mail from my mom and step-dad, and they had sent me a roll of John Wayne toilet paper (you know, the one that says "It's rough! It's tough! And it doesn't take crap off anyone" :lol: ). That TP came from all the way down in Phoeniz, Arizona!

Chester :newyear:

• hi chester,

well i'm sure glad i didn't say that too his face otherwise i would have been sitting on my dairyair. :lol: well still hope you enjoyed yourselves

cheers smokey

Originally posted by Popol Vuh@May 8 2004, 07:27 PM
    About the rolls. Do they make them for region 2? Maybe I can get one used from ebay?

I'll try to locate a roll for you, my friend, and if I do, I'll let you know. You can then tell me where to send it. I also have one because my sister bought me one as a gag Christmas gift a few years ago.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• hi chester

well im glad that he is a true blue gentleman and you can tell him so from me that these sort of blokes are few and far between and he will be in great demand soon, so chester you had better start to dig that moat to keep the girls away :D . he must take after his dad then or is it mum he takes after :lol: .

all the same glad you have a strapping bloke like him. hope the the yongest bloke is like him then you will really need that moat and you had better stock it with crocs :D

cheers smokey