100+ Post Club

There are 1,287 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 298,049 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• congrats <span style=\'color:blue\'>RK</span>

you have passed the second hump in the path to the 500 club, before you know it you will be there. keep them coming see you soon

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• :cowboy: Danke, Hondo D.L./Arthur/Smokey.

Hondo D.L., 300 postings will be a snap ;)

Arthur, give me about a month and i'll be at 300...especially if I can find a way to post a few John Wayne studio/production stills, I have.

Smokey, 500 will also be a snap to do. I should be there by March or April but hopefully sooner.

By the way, if I do not get the chance to tell you, before Christmas comes: Froh Weinachten und eines gute neue jahr! (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!)

Beste grusse, TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• :cowboy: Thank you Viper, Chester & the Mrs.

Please forgive me for such a short reply, the internet keeps messing up where im at and some of my replies are getting lost.

Besyt regards-TRK.

• Hi Popol

Congratulations on reaching the first big milestone I'm sorry I didnt notice it before now. Thanks for the many helpful pm's you have sent me and I look forward to your continued membership of this board.

Sxviper

Well done on reaching your milestone I enjoy your posts and I look forward to your future posts.

Ringo

Wow you are a fast worker well done on making it to 200 you are defently a lively member and I cant wait to see these rare stills of the Duke and I hope you will be around the board for a long time to come.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• :cowboy: Hi Robbie, Arthur,

Robbie, I really do enjoy this place and hope that I helped contribute something interesting for everyone.

I too want to share my Duke stills but, I don't have a computer to do it with. However, I already made copies on card stock and will gladly mail them out to anyone who would be willing to post them for me here. I can't remember off hand but, I think I also have a still from Sands Of Iwo Jima as well--just not sure.

Off hand, here is what I have of The Duke.

Still Nr 1. Fort Apache. This one is from a scene near the end of the movie just after Colonel Thursby's command has been wiped out and after The Duke gave him his horse and sword and when he went to be with the survivors who were in that depression in the ground awaiting the Apaches next attack. However, there is a blooper involved with that still. The blooper is is John Wayne is in that photo when he should be nowhere near that place.

Still Nr 2. Flying Tigers. He is standing next to his P-40 Warhawk, and his Chinese Crew Chief is pointing out the bulletholes in the fusilage of the fighter.

I have 1 or 2 other stills related to Westerns as well. One of which has Wild Bill Elliott in it about to have a gunfight with someone. Actully, this one is not a Production Still but an actual Lobby Card.

Anyway, if anyone here wants to post copies of what I have, please let me know and I will send them out to you. I already have copies made so that is no problem.

Best regards-TRK.

• Hello Everybody -

When I became a member of the John Wayne Message Board, I didn't think I'd be doing much posting. But I just realized that my last post numbered 99, believe it or not! Wow!! I feel a little exhausted just thinking about it.
    I've enjoyed the cameraderie from the other members here and found this to be a great source of information and ideas on the Duke and other subjects. I hope all of you continue to enjoy my presence and some of the information I might dredge up from time to time.

Cheers and libations - Jay :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• hi there jay

you have just started on the first step of many and before you know it you will be posting for your 200. every little thing helps and sometimes it is great to get fresh info ( even if it is a lot of reading :D )

see you round like a rissole

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hey there Jay!

Forgot to post! That's alright! Chester, the Mrs. and Myself will be there to congratulate you. Great job making 100 posts! You've been a hoot, and looking forward to having more post in the future.

:gora::jump:

Keep up the great reviving of old posts.

See you soon at 200.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Thank you Viper, Smokey, Chester and the Mrs., Hondo and Arthur for the warm congrats. Its folks like you and all the rest on this board that make a relative newcomer feel welcome. I hope to continue to provide input and insights for everyone to enjoy as we go along.

100 posts seemed a distant goal only a short time ago, but here I am progressing to 200. Hope to be there soon.

Cheers everybody - Jay :D:D:D

"Not hardly!!!"

• :cowboy: Way to go Jay, congtars on you 100th post and then some. I hope to read thousands mofr from you.

Thank you Chester and the Mrs. I had not realized I had so many. I'm looking forward to getting my first orange square :)

Best regards--TRK.

• Thank you Ringo -

I appreciate those kind words. So far, I seem to be putting out a reasonable amount of posts, so I will be slowing working toward my 200!

Cheers - Jay :D

"Not hardly!!!"

• :cowboy: Quite welcome Jay, and im amazed anyone could see what I was talking about reading all my errors in that post. Product of typing too quickly. :headbonk:

Hey, post Nr 400! Does this mean I qualify for an orange Square? Heh heh.

Best regards-TRK.