100+ Post Club

There are 1,287 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 296,181 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• To all,

OK I know it's corny, but as I near each 10th post, I wonder if that's the one that will put 4 little squares next to my name. So we'll all find out together, as this is my 100th post.

I'm writing this to inspire you all to keep on posting, and when it's time for your 100th post, do it here, and join the 100 Post Club.

Hondo, you're next! :D

Cheers

Chester

P.S. With the technological magic of the "Edit" button, we can tell you that a fourth square will miraculously appear after your 100th post.

• WOW! Here I am! Number 100!

I want to thank my new friend Chester for the encouragement, and others who kept me in line with their great questions. I look forward to celebrating #500! Here we are Chester.

I guess you are next Robbie! Get there soon big guy.

Hondo Duke Lane

P.S. This is so cool! Four squares!

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Good day, all! :D

Well, I thought I'd resurrect this topic for a couple of reasons.

We have so many new members lately, I wanted them to be aware of this small, but fun, corner of the JW message board. If you will read this thread from the beginning, you will see that I started it just for fun. No one is obligated to post their 100th post right here, of course, I just thought it would be interesting. At the rate General Sterling Price is posting, I expect him to be here in no time, and looking forward to it :) .

Secondly, some of our "older" members are nearing their their 100th post, and I wanted to remind them this is here (Smokey and Itdo, I'm thinking of you here . . . ).

Lastly, just to keep this going, I thought it would be fun to post here every 100th post, and this is post 200 for me (Hondo and Robbie, you're not far behind . . . and no, Robbie, you don't have to post it here if your heart tells you something is more important :rolleyes: ).

So . . . there you go . . . and I know that no more little squares will appear just yet . . . that's 300 posts down the road . . .

Have a great day, and keep those posts coming!

Chester

• Here I am at number 200. I wanted to get here as I welcome smokey and want to say, it's been fun.

I really enjoy reading the threads from so many people. They put a lot of thought into this, and I also enjoy responding to questions, opinions, and sometimes arguments. We are at what I think is the best place to talk John Wayne. He has been so instrumental in the topics, by asking the questions that gets me to search for an answer and study up on Duke. I also learn from so many people. But most of all, its great to see JW fans all over the world and the wide age gap.

What a great site, Kevin. Thanks for this site. We are fortunate to be able to respond to each other.

Cheers, Hondo B)

P.S. Come on in Smokey!!

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• :)

well hello there i spose that this will be my 100th post so for you hondo and chester i made it to the club have enjoyed myself and a special thanks to kevin for setting up this wonderful site. :D

hope to hear from you all soon

cheers smokey :P

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Well, here I am, and for those who actually read this post: Glad we're all here.
    I'd like to give something back for the fun I get out of this board, so I give out Hatari! film cells for free. Some explaination first:

I collect 35mm prints, and sometimes a print goes bad when it picks up Vinegar. Then I can't run it through the projector. That's always a sad thing to see because these original prints are hard to come by (the same thing actually is happening to the original master of The Alamo while you are reading this - and they can't stop the print from detoriating). Luckily, I was able to find me another Hatari print (lots of blood sweating here). So I let the bad print go. It can't be screened anymore - but the fans can still get a kick out of owning original film frames (you'll see the soundtrack on it, too).

So this is the Hatari print which actually run in moviehouses in the original release year. Sometimes they're cut up and sold by the piece on Ebay. I'll send out these pieces to you (I should have several for each one who's interested) if you send me 2$ to cover the expense in an envelope. I try to find interesting pieces of Wayne close-ups, and of course the title sequence. If there's a special frame that interests you (Anna Maria D'Allesandro in the bathtub, ey?) let me know. You can send me email to
    [email protected]

• WELL THIS IS A VERY PROUD MOMENT IN MY LIFE, SOME WONDERED IF I COULD REACH THIS MILESTONE FEW THOUGH I COULD BUT IM HERE MANY HAVE SAID GOODBYE TO ME ON THE LONG TRECK HERE BUT AS I SAID THEN "I DONT LIKE QUITTERS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEIR NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO FINISH WHAT THEY START". :D IM ONLY JOKING

ON A SERIOUS NOTE THIS MESSAGEBOARD IS TERRIFIC AND STILL SEEMS VERY FRESH AND I HAVE LEARNT A LOT ABOUT THE DUKE VIA IT.

HOPE THIS PLEASES YOU CHESTY AND WHAT IS THE NEXT BIG MILESTONE NUMBER IS IT 300 WHEN OUR MEMBERSHIP TYPE CHANGES?

B)

Regards
    Robbie

Originally posted by Kevin@May 9 2003, 05:16 PM
    Your wish has been granted!!

The next one is set at 500, and I guess it could be called the "500th Post" club?! ;)

Kevin

Robbie,

According to the "head honcho" Kevin, the next big step up is 500. However, I think it would be fun to post here on every hundredth post (we can start a new topic at 500 :lol: ).

Congratulations to all who have made it thus far, and to the rest of you, keep on posting, it happens faster than you think!

Chester

• Question...I'm note just writing for BS. I really enjoy this website..if you think I'm out to make a record let me know. I will chill.

Brian
    Tulalip Wa

• I am making my One Hundreth post here. Before you all shoot me

1. due to my line of work I could pull this off.
    2. My ego is not that big...I just enjoy this website.
    3. If you have aproblem with me..tell me
    4. Cannot a John Wayne fan enjoy life with another John
    Wayne fan. Right now I'm watching "The Shootist" JW is just giving the cushon to the street car driver and talking about a Fall, Spring to the girl in the car. I had no intention of jumpimg this website...just a Duke fan that found it.....peace and enjoy the Duke...he is in us all.

For one man to have so much on us all...He will always be with us.

Brian
    Tulalip Wa

• hi brianb,

welcome and i had great fun watching to see when you would make your 100 no you aren't pushy keep them coming it might encourage us slackers to post more often. good on you

cheers smokey

• Ok ladies and gents, I finally made it. Whew!

I'm glad Hondo sent me the email to remind me, I'm Organizationally Challanged!

It took me awhile to do this cause sometimes I don't have a lot to say. I would also like to note that of all the message boards I belong to, I've stuck with this one the most.

Anyway, hope to get to the 500 post club. It'a a looooooooooooooooooooong way away! :lol:

[SIZE=3]"Here's to you Duke, untill we meet again."[/SIZE]

• Congratulations Baron!
    Very glad to see that you made it. Beside 500 isn't that far away...Ya right.

BrianB
    Tulalip Wa

• Thanks guys! It's not that 500 is so far away, it's that I can come up with that much to say! :blink:

Anyway, here's to the 100 post club sofar!

Cheers all! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[SIZE=3]"Here's to you Duke, untill we meet again."[/SIZE]

• :rolleyes: Hello :rolleyes:

WOW :rolleyes: One Hundred posts I could not have done it without you all :D I'm very proud to be on here with such people as

Mr & Mrs Chester :rolleyes:
    Hondo :rolleyes:
    Smokey :rolleyes:
    itdo :rolleyes:
    Robbie :rolleyes:
    BrianB :rolleyes:
    and of course the Baron :rolleyes:

Thank you to those who sent me a personal message so I would not forget :unsure:

Monique ;)

• yeh monquie,

we the select few say

you made it welcome to the club :D

keep them coming

cheers smokey

• I can hardly believe it! Who'da thunk it?

Here it is, post 300 - I can't believe how quickly I got here from 200. You guys must post a bunch of good things to which I can respond, I sure couldn't have done it without you.

Thanks, Monique, for the little reminder . . . ;)

Only 200 more posts to go for another little square . . . :D

Chester