Ringo Kid update of sorts.

There are 323 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 60,877 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Awesome news Carl. Glad it all came together.......and you are very welcome, it was my pleasure to help you out.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Thank all of you Sirs ;-)) One thing I am finding now that I can visit practically anywhere is that im online for long hours at a time. I didn't get off untill about 2 am this morning. Tonight I plan on being on till???

I think Frankenstein has been reborn ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Thank all of you Sirs ;-)) One thing I am finding now that I can visit practically anywhere is that im online for long hours at a time. I didn't get off untill about 2 am this morning. Tonight I plan on being on till???

I think Frankenstein has been reborn ;-))

Ahh the POWER of the internet. Use it wisely young grasshopper.......

Then again, no kids and wife you can probably get by with those long hours!!!:wink_smile:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Ahh the POWER of the internet. Use it wisely young grasshopper.......

Then again, no kids and wife you can probably get by with those long hours!!!:wink_smile:

:thumbs_up::teeth_smile:, im already addicted to using this thing ;-)) Also, I like playing Mah Jong Tiles-and can play that for hours ata time ;-))

• Leave it alone boy....it can only lead to no good.:wink_smile:

:thumbs_up::wink_smile:, WAYYYHEYHEY Daddio! ;-)) been a long time since I lastt saw ya here.

It's already led me to no-good. I joined the ebay site as a bidder again and already spent more than I could afford buying photographs and movie stuff.

• For anyone who wuz wondering why I wasn't here lately, it's because for these past weeks, I couldn't get this site or John Wayne to load up for me. Well, I was beginning to think the worst, decided to give it another try awhile ago, and wallah-I GOT IT TO LOAD ;-))

So im back providing I can keep getting the site to load up for me.

Cheers--Me ;-)):mobile:

PS, while was away, I managed to "Beef Up" my Militaria Collecting a bit and got me a Knights Cross of the Iron Cross-and one Silver and one Bronze Infantry Assault Badge ;-))

The Bronze is an unmarked hollowback Deumer, and the Silver is a solid back MK in a Triangle. I know nobody here will know what im talking about when mentioning these Badge makers and im putting it here so that I don't forget who the maker is of my hollowback IAB ;-))

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• While I could not get on here these past weeks, I HAVE been doing my duty by keeping Dukes memory alive. As most here know I have a passion for Military History as well as collecting Militaria. Well, im also a member ona few Mil/Mil Hist/ sites. On one in particuler, I did a "Poll" of sorts givinga list of 10 names of your favorite male actor-Duke of course was included. Along w/ Duke, you could also choose James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, James Stewart and others. Im proud to say that even with the amount of liberals that infest the www.ww2f.com site, that DUKE, is the Nr 1 fan favorite over there ;-)):thumbs_up: He beat out everyone else.:beer:(bud):smoke::punk::biggrin:

• Carl,

It is so good to see you back. I've been in and out myself with the summer going on, and I did notice you not around for a while. I knew you would come back, but it is so good to see you and I am glad you are alright. Take care me friend, and see you soon.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Thank you all ;-)) It's been tough to get in here and most of my other haunts too. About the only place uneffected was my try to get into www.ww2f.com I had no probs there. In these three or so weeks that I couldn't get anywhere else-I posted about 2,000 postings there ;-))

Other than that, whats been keeping me a little busy these days is that i've been doing soem hores-trading of Militaria. I've netted two Infantry Assault Badges, and a Knights Cross - for my efforts. ;-))

Oh and been finally catching up on some nice reading and research (when the internet allowed me) and for almost a month, I couldn't access any of my Hotmail accounts to reply to peope. By the time I finally got back inot my main hotmail account, I had to spend about two days alone just replying to people there ;-))

I am glad to see that you all are still around here ;-))

• good to see you again ringo, redcap has been asking after you. do you still live with your family?have something to send you from redcap.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi Jay, Smokey, thanks to you both ;-)) Im still having access problems but, this time it seems to be something to do with that AVG norton anti-viris program thing my brother is trying to get to work on this computer. Since he first put it on it, the computer has been doing all kinds of wierd things and is also very s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-slow.

Hi Smokey, im still with my Brother in Houston but lately have been thinking of moving back to Corpus Christi. If I do move back there? it will be at least 6 months to a year from now ;-)) Houston is too big for me, and the largest City I ever hope to live out my life in-is San Antonio ;-))

Please send my best Cheers to Redcap, and I owe both of ya a lot. I have been thinking of you all alot as well, just not able to get on here to say howdy once in awhile ;-))

Coming back here-I do feel like I am among sane people. Some of the other places I go to--too many non-Duke-Wayne-like folks there with one exception ;-)) that is www.ww2f.com ;-))

Hi Jay, no prob? and I have been wanting to try to call you up sometime but misplaced the phone number again :rolleyes: I know I packed it away but I can't find it? Anyway, it feel great getting back to this place a place that im surrounded with like-thinking folks ;-))

Im hoping to get back here tomorrow sometime? but that depends on this machine and or the internet. If not? you all will know why?

I'd give my teeth to win a small lottery. That way I can afford to hire a computer geek to keep the computer running well, as well as to be able to buy a home in San Antonio-where I do want to live out my days living in ;-))

• Carl,

San Antonio is a good town, but it's kinda big too. Not as big as Houston. Nothing is as big as Houston in the area. I enjoyed my visit there some 20 years ago, but I am not sure I would live there. ANyway, I hope you are doing well, and have healed from your sickness. Take care my friend,.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Hondo, so far life is OK but too sagnant ince i don't have a car anymore. I was trying to get with their public transportation system but was flat out lied to by the City, by Red Cross and by the COunty. Since I don't have access to even regular city busses, the farthest I have been away from the house here ina lmost a year-is about 4 miles-with the exception of going to San Antonio for a Drs appt last month and to Corpus for Mothers Day. I find it annoyingly amazing, that Corpus Christi's transportation system is actually a lot better than it is here. In Corpus, I could catch a bus anywhere in Neuces County-and they seemed to know no boundaries. Well, here in Houston-the closest bus to my home is over 3 1/2 miles away.

The more i think about it, the more I want to go back to Corpus-at least there I have friends that I can visist from time to time and also I can get around wherever I need to go. The only snag on this is that i'd be leaving my brother in a big snag because he lost his job back in early May and hasn't been able to find another one.